Limo Ride

Song: Soulmate by Chanin

"Marry me, Sabrina."

Yoongi's words bounced around my eardrums and echoed inside my head, drowning out everything else. I felt like I was simultaneously in slow motion while the world was flowing by me in double speed. I stared down at the ring box in his hand and then slowly lifted my gaze to his.

He was watching me calmly, waiting for me to work through my moment of shock. I knew he could definitely feel the riot of emotions I was trying to process but he was just as unflappable as ever. I knew I was taking too long to answer but every time I tried to say something, my breath caught in my chest. I squeezed my eyes closed and tried to calm the swell of panic inside of me.

Min Yoongi wanted to marry me.

Logically, I knew that in the grand scheme of things, this was nothing. We were already soulmates. We were practically already married by the universe and fate itself. But there he was, kneeling right there in front of me asking me to marry him. He was consciously making a choice to be with me. After everything he had done to be rid of me, it shook me to my core to hear him willingly ask me to be his forever.

It meant absolutely everything.

After several long, tense moments, I slowly opened my eyes and met his gaze.

"Yes."

Yoongi looked calmly back at me for a few more seconds and then slowly started to smile. The corners of his lips turned up and his lips parted, revealing the most gloriously perfect happy smile I had ever seen in my life.

He didn't say anything as he reached for my hand and slid the ring onto my finger

He didn't say anything as he reached for my hand and slid the ring onto my finger. He then leaned forward and pressed his forehead to the backs of my hands. I sat for a few seconds, letting him steady himself but then I heard his breathing getting harsher. When his shoulders started to shake, I scooted my chair back and slid to the floor in front of him.

"Yoongi..." I implored softly.

He kept his head down and released my hands as I moved closer to him, so I wrapped my arms around his neck instead and rested my face in the crook of his neck.

"I love you," I murmured.

He shuddered and slowly folded his arms around my waist, pulling me closer until I was practically on his lap. He kept a death grip on me as he said, "I don't deserve you. I really don't. I've done horrible things in my life and even worse things to you. I'm not a good enough man for you and I ask myself daily how the universe decided to gift an angel like you to a devil like me. Perhaps it was all a mistake and you were never meant to be mine...but mistake or no, I'll be damned if I ever have to give you up. You're mine. And I intend to love you forever, aein."

My heart was pounding furiously as he pulled back from me and looked me in the eye. Whatever tears he had shed were drying on his lashes and a look of sheer determination flared to life in his dark, depthless eyes.