Goodbye

Author POV:

Song: Hurts Like Hell by Tommee Profitt and Fleurie 

Sabrina punched the down button in the elevator and leaned against the back wall. She stared absentmindedly at the shiny walls, clutching the bottle of whiskey in her fist tightly. Near the bottom, the elevator came to a stop and a couple got on in front of her. They shot her a dirty look after eyeing her alcohol bottle, and then completely ignored her. Sabrina was thankful for that though. She wasn't in the mood for useless small talk.

After they reached the ground floor, Sabrina slowly exited the elevator and stood in the middle of the lobby, trying to decide on something. She bit her lip and dug around in the pocket of Yoongi's hoodie before yanking out her phone. Letting out a breath, she sent a text to Namjoon, and then shoved open the heavy glass door and stepped out into the night.

To her dismay, the streets were absolutely packed with people. She pulled the bottle of whiskey up inside the sleeve of the hoodie and began weaving through the crowd. There were throngs of people bustling about, chattering as they went to eat dinner or meet up with friends. All of their bright smiles turned her stomach, making her queasy. There was so much life and happiness around her, yet she was adrift in loneliness and despair.

Good thing she couldn't really feel it, she supposed.

Sabrina kept pushing through the clusters of people, ignoring the curious looks she received. She probably looked crazy as fuck, but she couldn't find it in herself to care.

Eventually, after walking for what seemed like hours, she reached her destination. The wind was icy and biting as it tore at her hair, but she ignored it and plopped down onto the cold concrete. The traffic behind her was noisy, reminding her of all of the people who had places to go and lives to live. She hoped they were happy. 

She let out a puff of air, watching as it crystallized in the frigid temperature, before pulling out her phone and leaning it up against the railing.

She stared down at her frozen fingers for a moment, and then navigated to her camera app.  

—---------------------

Penny threw back yet another shot as she lazily glanced about the noisy club. Everyone looked like clones of one another, all shimmying and grinding to the music as one. It was just more of the same old shit and she was getting tired of it all. Honestly, she didn't even know why she bothered to go out at all if the same stupid scene was all that awaited her.

It was just that she was having trouble finding new and exciting things to dive into. Everything seemed so bland and grey to her lately. There was nothing out there that she hadn't tried, and that thought depressed the fuck out of her. The rush that she was chasing had eluded her as of late and it was beyond frustrating.

She flicked her long, black hair behind her, turning her head as she caught someone coming up next to her out of the corner of her eye. She grimaced as a forty year old, drunken businessman started slurring in her ear about giving her a good time. She sighed and rolled her eyes, motioning for the bartender to close her tab before she stood up from her seat. The balding drunkard was growing increasingly belligerent and starting calling her names when she continued to ignore him. But Penny paid him zero mind as she signed her check, making sure to leave a sizable tip for the bartender.

After she settled up, she shrugged on her coat and made to step around the drunk man. He raised his voice and tried to grab onto her sleeve but she easily side stepped him and walked away. Her quick actions had confused him and he ended up toppling over, which only made him angrier. Penny ignored his indignant screeching and the curious gazes of the club goers as she sauntered outside.