Questions

Song for this chapter: You and I --Stripped by PVRIS

Yoongi and I sat across the table from one another in silence. The only sound in the room was the soft hum of the humidifier and Dr. Lee's pen scratching on his notepad.

After that little revelation about my possible death, the doctor had kicked Taehyung and Namjoon out so he could speak to us alone.

Neither of us had uttered one word to each other but Dr. Lee seemed to be content to let us sit in silence until he had something to say, or we caved and spoke to each other.

Being in Yoongi's presence had lessened the pain but I was starting to feel a little out of it again. It was almost like I was getting seasick just sitting here.

As I was staring down at the table, my eyes kept snagging on a deep scratch near where Tae had sat. I reached out with my finger and started to trace the groove in silence.

I felt his eyes on me, but I knew if I looked up, he would just look away from me. Like he didn't like to be reminded that I existed.

As if he looked too closely at me, I would become real.

So, I continued to stare at the table and trace the groove. I could be just as stubborn. I had experience waiting someone out. This was nothing.

Unfortunately for me, my soul bond had other ideas.

I leaned back in my chair and dropped my arm to my side as I felt a wave of tiredness and nausea crash into me. I tried to hide it, but Dr. Lee's sharp eyes caught my slight movement.

"Ms. Randall are you feeling ill?" he asked, setting his pen down.

I shook my head, but it was apparently too sluggish for his liking. He stood up and moved to my side, grabbing my wrist to check my pulse.

He looked across to Yoongi who was watching the scene before him with an unreadable expression.

"Mr. Min, I realize this is incredibly difficult for you, trust me, I do. But Ms. Randall needs skin contact asap. Come over to her side," Dr. Lee commanded crisply.

When I didn't hear him move, I looked up and caught his eye. He was frowning slightly at me with his jaw clenched.

I wasn't going to plead with him to touch me

I wasn't going to plead with him to touch me. I wouldn't beg him. I couldn't become that type of girl.

Even if it hurts. 

Not again.

As I looked into his dark eyes, I marveled at how much depth existed there. Such a deep, complex ocean that I would've given anything to dive into. If only I wasn't such a disgusting creature to him. If only the universe had been kinder.

If, fuckin, only. 

My vision started to go a bit spotty, so I yanked my wrist out of Dr. Lee's grasp and folded my arms on the table so I could rest my head on them.