Attachments

Song: Feel About You by Aislin Evans

Author POV

Yoongi was frustrated.

He ran his hand through his hair for the millionth time that day and groaned quietly. He had been slumped on the couch with his laptop for the past four hours, trying to dig up information on that rat bastard Mr. Cha, but each one of his leads turned into dead ends.

The man seemed squeaky clean, which was simply impossible if he were dealing with highly illegal drugs. The only way someone could even get a whisper of such substances was to have access to the black market, something that didn't come cheap.

On the outside, Mr. Cha was living pretty lavishly, but it was all within his means. Yoongi knew their managers were paid a decent wage but they weren't that well paid. So, it stood to reason that Mr. Cha had to be involved in something shady as well as lucrative.

What he also couldn't understand was the vendetta Mr. Cha seemed to have against Sabrina. He literally had no good reason to go after her. Nothing really added up to him, which made him hesitate. He felt that he was missing some pieces of the puzzle and that irked him. But he couldn't deny the extreme feelings he felt radiating from Sabrina that day.

She had haltingly and tearfully spilled her guts to him and he had felt every last drop of her fear. She couldn't fake that–at least, he didn't think she could. So, there he was, trying to find out what kind of man Mr. Cha really was.

Yoongi's thoughts turned to his little soulmate, his brow furrowing with worry.

He was growing more concerned about her with each passing day. All he felt coming from her since their impromptu Thanksgiving was despair, disgust, and above all else, fear. She was jumpy and quiet, keeping to herself most of the time. Granted, she was normally pretty quiet in general but she was doubly so lately. He had also noticed her staring at her phone, like she was waiting for the other shoe to drop. Was she that scared of Mr. Cha?

Yoongi was also worried about her health. She wasn't sleeping well at all. Her nightmares had returned in force and he had to shake her awake to calm her down. He tried to make up for her exhaustion by making sure he gave her frequent soul touches.

Yoongi thought about how she had thrown herself into her new job. Earlier that morning, she had locked herself in his bedroom, working away diligently on her English courses. She really did enjoy working, he had realized. One of the only times he saw her fiery spark again was when she was doing something for her classes. Seeing this made him grow to hate himself for taking away her job at the community center. She had been truly devastated but at the time he didn't really care, did he? The thought made his stomach clench with regret.

So much of their relationship had been her conforming to him and his life. Not only that, but she had desperately tried to make herself smaller to escape his vicious temper. The way that she had so easily tried to bend over backwards for him worried him. He had seen a spark of fire in her after they had first bonded and then when she vehemently fought to keep some scraps of her old life but that all faded away. It was so gradual that he didn't see it as it was happening. Her lifeforce was being sucked out by him and his circumstances and it pained him.

But what had made her that way in the first place? What had happened in her life that taught her to try and be invisible?

He also realized that he had no one else to blame but himself for the Taehyung situation either. He practically drove her into his arms with every hurtful word and glare he sent her way. What a fucking mess.

He scowled and closed his laptop, tossing it to the cushion beside him. He stood up and stretched before wandering down the hallway to his room. He eased the door open and peered in at his soulmate.