Healing

8 months later...

Song: Life Goes On by Agust D

I finished packing up my tote bag and double checked my pockets to make sure I had grabbed my phone before leaving my apartment. It was still incredibly warm out with no sign of fall in sight but I actually loved the heat, so I relished being outdoors.

I stepped out onto the sidewalk and nodded my head towards the bodyguard that was hanging out in front the convenience store. He didn't openly acknowledge me but instead followed me at a distance as I walked down the street. It was a beautiful evening and I loved the warm breeze on my skin as I slowly traveled down the bustling street.

When I finally arrived at the little dance studio, I jogged up the sagging concrete steps and through the front door. Since it was still early evening, there were a few people coming and going through the quaint little lobby area. I smiled and nodded my head at a couple of them as I made my way to the main studio.

It was a gorgeous space with a huge window that showed a good view of the trees lining the street. I smirked as I remembered the first time I had seen Tae in here and how rudely he had slammed the curtains closed in my face.

It felt like a lifetime ago.

I breathed in deeply and began my stretching routine to the upbeat playlist JK had created for me. I swore that man never stood still. He was always participating in the next popular trend and finding the best new music. I had no idea how Ness kept up with him. It took a special person to vibe with JK's hyper personality but his girlfriend had proven more than worthy.

I had just finished warming up when the studio door swung open and Jimin came rushing in.

"Hi hi, pretty Sabrina! Sorry I'm a bit late. Got tangled up at a photoshoot," he apologized as he removed his mask.

I grinned. "You can make it up to me by finally teaching me the Filter routine!"

He sighed dramatically. "I already toooold you! I'll never teach you that choreo! It would be much too dangerous in your hands!"

I rolled my eyes and tugged up my leggings before moving to stand next to him in front of the mirror.

"Excuses. But, whatever! Let's get to it."

He laughed at me before grabbing my hands and pulling me around in front of him. "You're in a really good mood today! How about we just have some fun? You want to do Butter?"

"Yes! But it has to be the Megan Thee Stallion version and I wanna learn the 3J part!" I said excitedly. He reluctantly agreed and we got to work, sweating and laughing together for the next couple of hours.

Once we had exhausted ourselves, or more like I was the one who exhausted herself since Jimin had the stamina of a god, we both ended up sitting on the floor just talking.

The past several months had been a complete rollercoaster for me and I don't think I would've healed as well as I did if it weren't for Jimin and JK. They had been a constant presence in my life, always checking in on me and lending a shoulder to cry on when I needed it. Outside of Penny and Lyle, they were the best friends I could've asked for. I still remained friends with Jin, Hobi, and Namjoon, but the two maknaes were the ones I was closest to.

I had completely cut off contact with Yoongi and Tae and the members had respected my need to distance myself. They never spoke to me about either of them, which I was grateful for. I didn't feel pressured or guilt tripped into reestablishing my relationships with either one of them. The remaining five members gave me the grace and freedom to come to terms with my feelings in my own time and I loved them for that.