Soulmate Pt. 2

The next Saturday night, I found myself at Yoongi's finale show, sweating buckets. The stadium was absolutely jam packed with fans, causing me to feel exposed even though no one knew who I was. I swallowed nervously as I made my way to my seat on the second level.

Jimin and I had determined that it was far enough away that Yoongi wouldn't be able to see me in the crowd, but close enough that I could see him clearly. He had also lent me one of his cute little bucket hats to help hide my blonde hair. I had also braided it back and wound it up into a low bun at the bottom of my neck to further disguise myself. It would ruin everything if Yoongi somehow managed to see me mid performance.

I sat down and fanned myself with my hand. It was a bit stuffy in the arena, especially with all of the people sitting around chattering excitedly. I had on jean shorts and one of the Agust D concert t-shirts so I wasn't getting too overheated just yet. It was one of my favorite tees of his tour merch, with Agust D embroidered on the front of the white shirt and flames inked around the hem.

I turned on my ARMY bomb and looked around as I waited nervously for the show to start. The rain and soft thunder sounds that were playing over the speakers helped soothe me a bit but I knew what was coming. I had been watching videos of Yoongi's tour for months. I even bought a ticket and went to see the theatrical release of the concert. He was absolutely perfect on stage and he never failed to bring tears to my eyes after every Amygdala performance. As both his fan and his soulmate, I was utterly enthralled.

A few moments later, the VCR began to play and concert officially started. I watched avidly as Yoongi was dramatically carried on stage. My breath caught and held as he stood up and began rapping. I watched, entranced as he moved flawlessly through song after song. I was screaming, and dancing and singing along with the rest of ARMY when I began to feel that all too familiar buzzing sensation.

My throat closed up in panic as he stood at the edge of stage after finishing Life Goes On, looking out into the crowd with a slight frown. If I was feeling the buzzing, then that meant he had to have been as well. Shit. I forgot to account for the infernal fucking buzzing. I hoped it wouldn't derail my plans or his performance.

I was distracted from my worry as I watched him move the mic stand to the center of the stage. What was he doing? Usually he moved on to another fast paced set at this point in the show. I watched as he positioned his guitar and lights went down. Then, Dear My Friend started, and my throat closed up as he started crying. I wondered if he was thinking about Ae-Yong and I found that I wasn't upset at the thought. In fact, I hoped he was thinking of her. I hoped he was mourning and healing with the help of ARMY.

The rest of the show went as usual. I found myself foaming at the mouth during Cypher Part 3 and give it to me. The way he performed was all consuming. I couldn't look away even if I wanted to. Even if the person next to me fell down dead, I wouldn't've torn my eyes from the stage.

And then, finally, it was time for the Amygdala performance. After the emotional performance of Dear My Friend, I wasn't sure how this song was going to go. Once it started, my eyes filled with tears and I swayed along to the beat. I never took my eyes off of him as he poured his heart and soul out. During the final chorus, the buzzing kicked into high gear and I knew he felt it too because he leaned into the mic and all but screamed out the last couple of lines with every piece of his heart. It seemed incredibly painful but cathartic.

I managed to settle myself down during the encore but it was all for naught because as soon as he turned to walk off of stage and a single white door appeared. My heart stopped and the buzzing came to a dead standstill as I watched with bated breath as my Yoongi, my soulmate, opened the door and finally walked through.