Dolly

Song:
Bipolar by Bahari

I sat across the dining room table from Yoongi, staring at him with irritation. We had been sitting in silence for the past minute or so, just glaring at one another. He was being stubborn and avoidant but I was more stubborn. I folded my hands on the table in front of me and cocked my eyebrow at him. He looked back at me blankly.

"So, when exactly were you going to tell me that we were moving into your apartment?" I asked.

His mouth flattened and he scratched the back of his neck before answering.

"Don't blow this out of proportion. I wasn't hiding it. It just slipped my mind until now."

I narrowed my eyes at him. What a crock of shit. After the past few days, I had thought things were starting to improve between us. But this infuriating man was still digging in his heels where I was concerned. He had said we were going to try and I believed him.

Then, the night of the showcase, we had fucking amazing mind blowing sex and he began to open up to me before I fell asleep on him. I barely remember him dressing me and helping me to stand up, supporting me with his shoulder as we made our way to the car. After that, it was all a blur. Somehow he had managed to get me up into the dorm and into bed.

The morning after, I had woken up to him wrapped around me like a koala bear, snoring softly. When he finally woke up, he didn't make mention of the night before and I was afraid to bring it up myself, too scared to pop the bubble of bliss we were in.

But even so, he was different. He willingly sought me out to spend time with me and even made an effort to ask me about my likes and dislikes. He had also been trying to find out more about my life and my past, but I managed to avoid his questions. I thought that he was starting to get suspicious about my vague answers and general avoidance, but he never pressed me.

Yoongi was no fool though. I knew he was going to start figuring things out eventually and I wouldn't be able to avoid him any longer. I was going to have to come clean at some point. But I told myself that I would cross that bridge when I came to it. I just needed a bit more time in our little bubble.

But it seems like fate liked to fuck around with me because our bubble popped when I found out from Namjoon that Yoongi had planned to move me into his private apartment.

Namjoon had come by in the morning while we were having breakfast to grab some of his books, and he had sat down with us, chatting about various things. He then casually asked Yoongi when we were moving out, saying that he was going to miss us around but he would be glad to go back to his own space as well.

I think my head almost spun off my shoulders with how fast I whipped around to gawk at Yoongi. He choked on his tea, coughing violently as his eyes darted back and forth between Namjoon and I. Namjoon took in my shocked expression and then hastily excused himself to his room, leaving Yoongi to face me alone.

"Tell me exactly how it slipped your mind. No, wait. First, tell me why you came to this decision without asking me what I wanted?" I sniped at him.

He cracked his knuckles. "I was going to talk to you about it."

I sighed. I didn't not want to go. Of course I wanted to explore life as a couple with Yoongi, but I was nervous about losing my safety net at the dorm. There was usually another member around so it wasn't just me and him, trying to figure out our existence together.

If I had known about this before the showcase, I probably would have been less open to the idea but given Tae's strange behavior towards me, I felt that I needed to put some space between us. And clearly he felt the same, because he hadn't been back to the dorm since that night, much to my relief.