Awkward

I froze in place and stared up at Taehyung. His eyes bored into mine and I was captivated by their dark depths. It felt like I was being pulled into a deep pool that caused my mind to go blank. Instead of responding, I slowly blinked at him a few times.

He smirked at me and said, "Cat got your tongue?" 

His deep, slow speech pulled me back from my thoughtlessness. I suddenly reared back and gasped before scampering backwards on all fours. 

"I am so sorry! I'm not sure what came over me!" I hastily apologized.

Still smirking, he slowly stood back up and walked over to me before leaning down and offering me a hand. I took it and he easily hoisted me up off the floor.

"I really didn't mean to startle you, but you turned around so fast that I couldn't stop you," he apologized. 

"Yeah...sorry about that. I had left my phone in the studio, so I was going to go back and get it and I didn't really look where I was going," I laughed awkwardly. 

Taehyung didn't try to fill the silence that ensued after we both stopped laughing. He just kept staring down at me with those fathomless eyes. I reached behind myself and rubbed my sore backside, not missing how he tracked my movements carefully.

I felt extremely awkward. Here I was in front of the V from BTS. A K-pop prince with a handsome face that could make god herself weep for christ's sake! A billion women would kill to be in my position right now but all I felt was embarrassment. I looked like a mess. Half of my curls had escaped their messy bun and were drooping down my face and neck. I was also pretty sure that my ass was so sweaty that it must have left a wet print on the floor where I plopped down. And ugh, he smelled amazing! How did he smell so damn good even after working out? His sweat had mingled with his cologne and was putting off a delicious scent that made my mouth water.

After too many moments of silence, I decided to break it. "Well, thanks for helping me up! I didn't mean to smack into you so hard."

Taehyung smirked at me again and said, "It didn't hurt me at all. It felt like a pebble bouncing off of my chest to be honest." 

I let out a small laugh. "I bet so. But I can't be held responsible for potentially injuring a member of one of the biggest bands in the world."

Taehyung's small smile looked a bit strained after that. Shit. Was I not supposed to bring up BTS? Suddenly, I realized the situation we were in. Taehyung had just run into a random woman in a private space. We didn't know each other from Adam. I could very well be a stalker. I mean, I wasn't but he didn't know that. I decided to ease away from him and give him his space. 

I cleared my throat and said in a soft voice, "Well...sorry again! I should get going. I just need to grab my phone before I head out."

I started inching around him and I made to head back to my practice room when I heard him ask, "What is your name?"

I halted my steps and turned around to find him right in front of me, again. God damn, how did he move so quietly? Maybe it was the stress of the unfamiliar situation, or maybe being in the presence of such a famous and attractive person melted my brain but I quipped back, "Why do you want to know? Are you going to start stalking me?"

His eyes widened a fraction, and he was silent. My heart kicked into overdrive during that moment of silence. Why the hell did that have to come out of my mouth? I started to apologize but at that moment, Taehyung threw back his head and laughed. 

I was too startled to join in, but I felt a dopey smile on my face at the sound of his laugh. It was so deep and joyful. My heart kicked up a bit watching his face light up in laughter.