Bubble

Song: Save Me by McKenna Breinholt

The next time I woke, the room was dark and Yoongi wasn't sitting next to me anymore. I blinked up at the ceiling and fought to control the rising tide of my mixed emotions as I came back into full consciousness. I was still groggy from whatever they had given me but it did nothing to dull the panicky feeling skittering over my skin.

I wasn't entirely sure what I was feeling, aside from the general anxiety of the unknown. Everything all seemed to run together, like a watercolor painting gone wrong. I was angry and sad, but also wracked with guilt and a terrible feeling of regret.

A part of me hated that I had ended up surviving but then I felt horribly ashamed for thinking that. I regretted taking the pills and jumping, but I also regretted living. I could feel myself being pulled into a cycle of self hatred.

But above all else, I was utterly terrified. There were so many unknowns. How did I survive? Why was Yoongi here and why did he look upset? Where was our soul bond? Why did Yoongi hurt me so much? Where was Mr. Cha? Hunter?

I was ripped from my thoughts by a small snuffling sound to my left. I painstakingly turned my head and found Yoongi lying on a small bed across the room. He was turned towards me, with his arm shoved under his pillow. His brow was furrowed in his sleep and he was snoring softly. He looked like hell. Even at a distance, I could tell he had dark bags under his eyes and his hair looked like it hadn't been washed in about four years.

Why, just, why was he here? It hurt so much to have him so close to me after I had already lost him. 

I watched him sleep for a while longer and then decided I needed some water so I pressed the call button on my bed rail. A few moments later a doctor came through the door with a nurse trailing behind him. Yoongi startled awake and squinted at me before getting up and shuffling over to my bedside.

I watched him with wide eyes and tensed as he got closer. He stopped when he saw my face, awkwardly looking down at his feet as the medical staff checked my vitals. I was confused at his sudden hesitation and avoidance. I'd never seen him act so timid before. What was going on? I tore my gaze from him and watched the doctor make a few notes in my chart before he started asking me questions.

After I rattled off my name, birthdate, and the year, the doctor relaxed and smiled at me. 

"Wonderful Ms. Randall. It seems like you are within your own faculties which is really amazing! I'm Dr. Yun, and I was on call when you were brought into the ER. I have been overseeing your recovery. Can you just tell me the last thing you remember before waking up?"

I frowned and examined the young doctor. He was tall and bulky, with short black hair neatly parted down the middle. He honestly looked like he belonged in the CIA instead of a hospital. I bit my lip as I thought about the last thing I remembered.

"Um, I remember the water. It was so cold..." I said in a scratchy voice.

Dr. Yun nodded his head and scribbled something in his notebook.

"But...I think the last thing I remember is singing..." I said, suddenly unsure of where that memory came from.

The doctor looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "Singing?"

"Yeah...like...someone was singing to me. I don't know, I'm not sure where that came from. Maybe I was dreaming...?" I tried to reason.

I heard Yoongi inhale sharply and I looked over at him, catching him staring at me incredulously with watery eyes.

"Mhm, perhaps. If you can recall dreams then that is a good sign for us," the doctor said.

I focused back on Dr. Yun as he began talking about next steps.