Difficult to Handle (III)

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

Yasmin watched the twinkling stars shining bright in the sky from the balcony of the room Kinza lent her

Yasmin watched the twinkling stars shining bright in the sky from the balcony of the room Kinza lent her. Her gaze remained hard, beholding the sparkles the light balls reflected from outside the surface of the Earth, her minding reminiscing the times she spent with the man who just divorced her.

The door bell rang for the seventh time and Yasmin giddily ran to get it, playfully rebuking herself for being late. She unlocked it with a wide smile and Wahaj slammed it open, with Yasmin almost falling by the force of it.

She saw him heaving heavy breaths out, with his eyes growing bigger in rage and she cowered down, staggering backwards in fear. He shut the door and immediately pinned her to the wall, gripping her jaw harshly. She whimpered and tried to form coherent sentences with her squished mouth.

"Wa–wahaj....I–I....what...I–Wahaj.... it's hurting..." She trailed in shock and he pulled her by the hair, bending her neck backwards and a few tears slipped from her big, brown eyes. She could smell alcohol from the proximity and his bloodshot eyes proved her hunch right.

"Why can't you do anything right?! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO DO THINGS WRONG?!" He yelled at her, forcibly tugging at her wavy brown hair from the back, wrenching sobs echoing out from her mouth.

He then slapped her fair cheek, harshly landing her on the marbled ground. This was the first time he raised his hand on her and she was terrified to the core. In the one month of her marriage, he always lovingly spoke to her, showed her his love, and only gestures that'd make her happy. This sudden change couldn't register in her mind.

She cupped her throbbing, red cheek and gaped at him with wide, horrified eyes. He slowly crouched in front of her and she scooted back in fear, her brown orbs shaking with tears.

Yasmin found out today that they were going to be blessed with a bundle of joy and was over the moon for telling this news to him. She was so excited that she thought that her repeated calls would appear to him as how much she missed him, and he lost the deal because of that. She'd readied the entire house in preparation of the big news but when he portrayed this side of her, her mind stopped working.

"W–wahaj? What are you doing?!" She feebly whispered and he slammed her head against the cold ground.

"They called me unprofessional because of you. Tch. Am I bad at doing my job?" He sarcastically questioned her while the side of her head ached with the pressure he put. She cried on the ground, helpless at the turn of events. Never did she think that he'd be a brute. She felt nauseous and felt the world revolving around her when slowly she lost consciousness.

Next morning when she found herself lying beside the door, heartbreaking sobs left her mouth at what her life became. She touched the side of her face and winced when even the contact of her fingers sent jolts of pain. After she cried for a long time, she timidly walked towards their room and saw him in his vest, holding his head.