Don't Set Me Up

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

"Chachu, what's with the scrunchy face? You're thinking about someone special, eeh?"  Wiggling his tiny eyebrows, my nephew, Yusuf chaffed at me

"Chachu, what's with the scrunchy face? You're thinking about someone special, eeh?" Wiggling his tiny eyebrows, my nephew, Yusuf chaffed at me.

Now, that's not how five-year old's talk! No, no!

"And how do you know what Someone specials are? Hmm?" I questioned him back, keeping a semi-stern face on. Seems like I caught him off-guard. His cheeks got hues of red spread over them, and his eyes widened, staring at the carpet, probably thinking about how he let that slip out.

Out of the blue, a mischievous grin replaced his surprise and he gaped at me menacingly.

"Chachu, promise me you won't tell Mummy or Daddy. Whatever happens don't let it come out, even by the slightest mistake, in front of Mummy. I can handle Daddy, but Mummy will ban me from sneaking cookies out of Dad's closet. That's really, really scary." He ranted in something between fear and thrill and I enjoyed every emotion on his cute face.

"Oh, so you're terrified of your Mom, and a little bit of your Dad -" He cut me off before I reached my conclusion and affirmed that

"No, I don't think I fear Daddy. At all!" Okay, so I resumed.

"Yeah, just your Mom, not my bro and not me? You're not afraid of telling about something like that to me, you punk!" I finished slightly poking his sides and placing him back on my lap. He turned fully to face me with a cheeky smile and I knew the kid would turn out like Akhi. He's so got Yahya's genes!

He vigorously bobbed his head to the sides indicating a big fat no, that he was not one bit afraid of what I would do to him. He jabbed his teensy finger into my stubbled cheek and popped a Nope.

Yeah, totally Yahya's son!

⑇ ⑇ ⑇ ⑇⑇ ⑇ ⑇ ⑇

"Yahya, your child has already found himself a ponytailed love of his life. If this is what he does at 5, I wonder how many girls he'll charm when he's 25!" I let out my worries in front of Akhi as we strolled towards our office after grabbing the steaming cups of Coffees.

"Really? My generation's growing this fast? I'll live up to see my progeny in my youth only? Alhamdulillah, this is the Grace of my Lord." He happily muttered while grinning east to west. I smacked my head, hardly. Someone please tell me how old is this guy?

"I'm glad that there's at least one sane person in your family. If it wasn't for Warda, you guys would've been merrily begging on the streets, joyous about the free earnings!" I frustratingly retorted back at the idiot of my brother.

"Wait, I thought I'll get Yusuf married to your daughter. I can't ruin my master plan like this now. Tch. Dude, get married and bring a daughter, my prospective daughter-in-law. I promise, I'll cherish her. We'll politely refuse the ponytail girl, ok? Can't hurt her feelings, I can't help my child's attractive looks now!" He thoughtfully voiced out his good-for-nothing scheme. Cue another smack.