The Hyderabadi Ghar (III)

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

The ladies moved their heads towards their shoulders and said the Salam, completing their Taraweeh prayers. Afreen and Mariya watched the entire Taraweeh, lounging themselves on the couch and replied loud 'Ameens' to the Du'as. Much to Afreen's delight, Mariya joined the 'dirty girls' group.

"Order this one, Mariya."

"No, yaar. See, this colour is really dark and dark colours sometimes bring out dark vibes. These things usually suit Meher, though." Mariya responded as they scrolled over the online store, snickering at the end. "Right."

Meher loudly cleared her throat, throwing a wild glare that screamed 'Watch your tongue, girls'. Indeed, she did receive two childish stuck out tongues in return.

"Assalam alaikum!" The tumultuous Salaams boomed as the male group stepped in after their prayers in the Masjid. Talha affectionately kissed Arooba and Afreen's head, to be kicked at the back by the notorious one of them. He frowned and scratched his back, avoiding Gauhar's amused gaze.

Ja'far strolled towards Arooba and forwarded her watch to her. Her eyebrows crunched.

"You left this in the car."

She silently took it from his outstretched palm and thanked him, staring into his eyes. He nodded his head and rushed to his room, while Shoaib wiggled his eyebrows at her.

"Aise ich rehte dekho piyewey logan. Now, do you get the idea, girls?" Hassan piped in playfully, directing his taunt at Shoaib's funny face. Shoaib rolled his eyes and slung his arm over Hassan, punching him in the gut a moment later. "And that is why you should stay away from them." He grunted out in pain.

Meher suddenly jumped in. "Okay, this is the most awaited moment of my life. I'm gonna try this as well."

She pulled her sleeves and readied herself in a stance to land a deadly blow at Hassan, who was still strangled in Shoaib's grip. His eyes widened by a whole inch and instantly, he flipped and replaced Hussain with himself. Meher's evil smile widened and Hussain's cries drowned in the loud guffaws of his mates.

Zahid, the opportunist, joined Shoaib in holding Hussain in place. Hussain screamed for help. "Meher, hat jao mere paas se. Khabardaar."

Her advancing form degraded his threats to pleas. "Please. Nai Meher! Please. Idhar mat aao. Ammiii!"

Aunt Erum who heard his wails from the kitchen, hid herself behind the wall in lightning speed, having absolutely no intention of saving her screeching son.

After Meher shoved her mighty kicks and fatal punches with undying resistance from Hussain's side, she calmed down by a notch. She dusted her dress off and let out a refreshing breath.

"Allah. Mera bechara bhai. Are you okay, Hussain?" Gauhar could neither stop the brawl nor her guilty laugh. She crouched down to his level and questioned him in concern.