Within the Stars

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

She balanced her books on her arms, somehow managing to keep her bag on her shoulders from falling, on the way back

She balanced her books on her arms, somehow managing to keep her bag on her shoulders from falling, on the way back. She could not even see her shoes due to the huge pile that mounted on her and sent prayers for reaching safe and sound. Alas, the urge to have just one bite of her wafer marked her doom.

Thump! Argh.

She then swat down to pick the books up, angrily munching on the accursed wafer. She couldn't help the grumbling anyway. Right then, a guy came running towards her and gathered her stuff.

"Are you okay? Should've seen that coming. But, coming late is what I'm naturally good at so be it."

The stranger baffled her for a second. Obvious, no one helps like this anymore. She peered into his onyx eyes and gave a reply in affirmative.

"Your knee is scraped though. You also seem hungry. There's a Subway right around the corner, let me help you."

She blinked her eyes at his blunt concern and swallowed the wafers. He blinked back, pointing at the slightly ripped jeans.

"Well, thank you but I'm fine. I'll manage!"

She transferred her belongings from his arms to hers and passed him a clipped smile. The next moment, he snatched everything from her, startling her and pulled her by the straps of her bag. Basically, dragging her to a nearby bench. She did scream in dead ears and with him being stronger than her, she was slumped on the wooden seat. He made a gesture with his hands for her to be seated and wait while she gaped back in disbelief. What sort of incredulity was this?

A few minutes later, he sprinted in her direction with two neatly packaged Subway sandwiches in hand. He handed her one and unwrapped his own.

"You have the guarantee on my life that this is Halal, which simply means that you can kill me if you find it otherwise."

He spoke before taking a huge bite, making her drool some saliva out in the process. Instinctively, she tore out the paper of her sandwich and dug right in. Ma Shaa Allah! A-1 taste!

With a decent distance between them, he slouched a little more, extending his legs to the front. His messy sneakers caught her eyes. The very untidily tied lace with lots of mud on the sides still posed a good view of his long, blue denim-clad legs.

"You know? The sun is 93,000,000 miles away from the earth. In easier terms, it is 150 million kilometres away from us. The speed of light is the fastest, yet it takes 8 minutes for the light from the sun to reach us. Does that seem the case from the heat we feel?"

She almost dropped her food due to shock, but saved herself in time. Before she could blabber an incoherent reply, he resumed.

"The sun is so huge that a million earths could easily fit in it." He squinted his eyes at the brightly shining star in the sky and she ended up sighing at the comforting warmth and occasional cool gust of winds.