Breaking Him (III)

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

I neatly placed a bowl of Dal Makhani on the glass table and sprinted to get the freshly made rotis

I neatly placed a bowl of Dal Makhani on the glass table and sprinted to get the freshly made rotis. One month with this man and I think I'm ready for my next step. Mission: Make Him Believe In You.

Laila was parcelled to her campus by her brother two days ago and I decked the place for an pleasant setting. I heard shuffling from outside at the main entrance, heavily guarded by his men and checked through the doorbell camera. Indeed, he was there, busy unlocking the door with his keys. I hurriedly hid behind a wall and peeped a little for his reaction.

The door was forgotten, left ajar as he halted in his steps at the soft, yellow lights the candles burnt with and the rose petals that lined towards the glass table where I set the dinner up.

He recovered relatively faster than I expected him to and trudged inside, slowly shutting the door.

"Janan?" He called out and I calmed myself down. Don't let him come near you, just keep him happy throughout the dinner. I exhaled heavily and with steady steps, revealed myself.

He stopped blinking, stopped breathing and only kept staring. At me. I slid a few strands behind my ear and firmly walked towards him. I then gathered his coat in my hands and smiled warmly at him.

His amber eyes sparkled in surprise under the dim light and he gazed at me, trying to study why I would do all this. Now is not the time he knows though.

He held my wrist as I walked away to stow his coat and lightly tugged my hand. "Is there a special occasion?"

I freed my hand from his hold, clenching my teeth to myself and not letting my revulsion get in the way. "Go take a warm shower. I made dinner for you."

He swallowed with an apparent dilemma and watched me in scrutiny. I gave him an assuring smile and trudged away to check if everything was in place.

After a few minutes, he walked to where I was and placed himself beside me. "Did you make all this?"

I nodded in reply. "Yes! I especially prepared everything for you, and the secret is that.." I beckoned him to give me his ear. He hesitantly leaned to my side and I whispered. "This is your mother's recipe."

His eyes snapped to me in a flash and I beamed at him with my blinding grin. By the looks of it, I was successful in gaining his trust and respect.

"No one knows my mother's way of cooking." But, the hint of doubt still lingered somewhere.

"Oh really? Then pray tell me how does this taste?" I shoved a spoonful in his mouth and he chewed on it while glaring at me for doing so.

His munching suddenly slowed down and he peered into my eyes to see if I was telling the truth. He gulped with difficulty and turned to face me completely.