Tamannah

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

"Tayi Ammi."

("Aunt" - Father's elder brothers' wife)

I embraced my motherly aunt tightly from behind her, as she stirred in the Kurma, kissing her cheek lovingly. In reply, I received a stroke on my cheek by her warm, chubby hands.

"Kya kar rahi hai, meri jaan?" She asked me in her tender, motherly tone to which I hugged her tighter.

("What is my love doing?")

"Hum to kuch nahi karte. Bas, Mohabbat ki talaash mein phirte rehte hain." I replied in an over-exaggerated sighing voice which made Tayi chuckle. "Waise Taya Abba bhi wohi kaam kar rahe hain. Aap ko badi der se dhoonda jaa raha hai."

("We don't do anything, just wander around in search of love.")

("By the way, Uncle is also doing the same. You're being searched for since a long time.")

"Chal, hat! Badmaash kahin ki." She rebuked me carrying the rosy tint on her cheeks. I skipped out of the rasoi to fulfill my next crucial mission, winking at Tayi Ammi my charming wink.

("Get away, naughty girl!")

(Rasoi – Kitchen)

I sneaked into Inayat's room and silently settled myself in her bed, beside her drooling form. Giggling to myself, I picked up the largest pillow and smothered her with it, cutting full supply of her Oxygen. Evil much? Nah, don't think so.

For about three seconds, I didn't get any reaction which had me thinking if she already passed out. On cue, her arms thrashed around in panic and she struggled to get the pillow out of her face. Her muffled screams entertained me to no end.

After one good minute, I got off her and took in her jungle-like form, when she tried to inhale air in and grasp what just happened. Her eyes settled on me after she calmed down and I displayed my sheepish smile.

"Good morning?"

The very next moment, I dashed for my life with her screaming and chasing me like a mad woman, with something occasionally flying my way.

"Tamannah, tu ruk bey! Teri to aaj khair nahin, tera qatl kardena hai aaj maine. Agar tumhari qabar na banwayi to mera naam badal dena. Thair ja, gadhi kahin ki." Her yells echoed in the entire Haveli and the elders fully enjoyed the Tom and Jerry play as we dodged them and ran like maniacs.

("Tamannah, you wait! No one's sparing you, I'm going to to kill you today. If I don't get your grave dug today, then change my name. Stop, you donkey!")

"Accha suno, na! Abhi ek kaam baaki hai. Mera badla tum Haider se le lena." I shouted in my running spree. A spoon was hurled at me, before the assault finally came to a halt. I rubbed the back of my head in pain where the spoon found its target, as I watched Inayat crouch over and pant like a female wasp. I cautiously walked towards her and flashed my unabashed grin while stroking her back.