Tamannah (II)

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

The Abbasi family gathered once again, but this time I wasn't jumping with joy

The Abbasi family gathered once again, but this time I wasn't jumping with joy. None of us were. Except Inayat, she was still the blushing bride, much to Qasim's dismay. Qasim sat on one of the couches bobbing his leg in anxiety as they discussed the right date.

Right then, Haider mera yaar stumbled into the room. All eyes snapped to him for entering unannounced. He staggered, swayed and almost toppled over his untied lace and acted like a total drunkard slouching over one of the sofas. He hiccuped for effect and creepily smiled at the people present in the room.

He waved frantically at Reyhan, who frowned at the sudden event.

"Tamannah, yeh bonga kar kya raha hai? Meri Shaadi tudwayega yeh. Isko leke jaa yahan se, jaldi!" She whisper-yelled pointing at him, petrified of his actions. Haider lurched forward in Reyhan's direction and fell over him, placing his hands over his knees. Kamran kept an eye on every step that Haider took, mentally noting down the reactions of the opposition crew.

("Tamannah, what is this idiot doing? He'll end up breaking my marriage. Take him away. Hurry!")

"Yeh ishq nahin asaan, bas itna samajh lijiye. Ek aag ka darya hai aur dooooooooob ke jaana hai." He slurred mimicking the dialogue from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. Completely original.

("This love is not easy, just know that. It's a sea of fire and you have to drown through it.")

Reyhan threw his hands off of him and stared at him with a maddened gaze. Haider then smiled weirdly and walked towards Inayat who freaked out at the way Haider advanced with the malicious look. He sat down near her legs and took her hands in his, while Qasim peered at the guy with an amused expression.

"Jaan-e-mann, kaise iss kambakht dil ko samjhaun ke tum meri nahin? Tumhare baghair har ek lamha sadiyan lagti hai mereko. Dekho tumhare ishq ne kaisa kardiya hai mujhe? Kyun kiya aisa, Inayat?!" His drunk-ed voice spoke in a pained note enraging the Abbasi elders and Reyhan. Inayat trembled with fear and fury at what the twerp blabbered. She almost flung him and leapt up, but I tugged her hand and kept her fixed to her seat. Qasim also balled his fists at Haider's declaration but Kamran had it under control.

("My love, how do I make this foolish heart understand that you're not mine? Without you, each passing second seems like centuries to me. See what love has made of me! Why'd you do this, Inayat?")

"Shah sahab, yeh aapka farzand kaisi aul-fawl baatein kar raha hai? Maaf kijiyega, agar hamein pata hota ke aisa hoga toh hum yahan Rishta kabhi na latey!"

("Mr. Shah, what sort of nonsense in your son spluttering? Excuse us, if we'd known, we would never have brought this proposal to your place!")

Bingo.

I lowly hi-fived Haider and Inayat's eyes filled with innocent tears. Aw, baby. We'll make sure you get the love of your life!

With this, the Abbasi clan left, leaving an infuriating Shah family glaring at us. Oops!