Breaking Him (II)

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

They transferred me to a mansion and I locked muself up in a room over there

They transferred me to a mansion and I locked muself up in a room over there. It's been two days since the last encounter with that animal and I was glad for the break.

The guy runs a mafia and has no ounce of humanity left. There's no better word for him to describe - except as an animal. I stayed inside and prayed most of the while. I felt hollow without my family's presence and the fact that Humayun is far away, not even in this world got time every single time. But, whenever that happened, I raised my hands to ask my Lord for a blessed abode for him in Jannah.

Here, I couldn't hear any gun sounds not did I see anything bloody and that was a relief. Honestly, I didn't even know where this place was.

Someone lightly knocked my door and I immediately sat up. Dread creeped through me and I involuntarily shivered.

"Bhabhi, can I come in please?" A female voice called out from behind and I sighed in relief that it wasn't Raihaan. I gulped and slowly unlatched the door.

A beautiful girl in her teens came in my sight and she looked as innocent as anyone could ever get. Was this a deception too? She turned towards me when I completely opened the door and darted her hand in my direction, disoriently patting my arm and face.

"Oh, here you are. Assalam alaikum! I'm Laila. Your sister-in-law. Raihaan didn't even inform me that he was getting married, it was such a surprise but I'm happy that the punk got hooked." She spoke at a fast pace and it gave me the impression that she was a chatter-box while I replied to her Salam.

"Can I touch your face?" She requested me and I almost gasped out loud in realization.

"Y-yes, you can." I replied perplexedly. She happily placed her soft palm on my face and recorded my features with her delicate hands. She was such an epitome in beauty but blind?

After she traced my face, she squealed in happiness. "You seem very pretty, Ma Shaa Allah. I'm already liking you. I'm sorry I sound like a creepster, you know?" She retracted her hands and chuckled at her joke. I smiled nevertheless and let her jump at me and hug me tightly. This is the most solace I've gotten from a human in this one week.

"So, how is my brother? Did you like him?" She began on a mischievous note, bumping her shoulder with mine and I felt bile rise in my mouth at that murderer's name. She then wiggled her eyebrows. "Huh, huh?"

I gave a clipped smile but realized that she couldn't see it. I replied meekly instead. "We just got married, so still in the beginning phase."

"Oh ho! Are you blushing? Lemme see!" She shrieked like a hormonal teenager and placed her hands in my cheeks. Her smile dropped at my cold skin and she hesitantly retracted her hands back.

"It's completely fine. Things change after a few days. Maybe you'll fall in love after a while. I mean it's sad that he left for a business meet after dropping you here alone, so I had to come. He doesn't know that I'm here, bunking my college but that's what the fun is. I'll stay here until I see or know that sparks are flying between you two and secretly escape after that." She blabbered while giggling and I felt a smile tug my lips at her loud, carefree form.