Breaking Him (Last)

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

The door clicked open and he walked in on his grey suit, closing it back

The door clicked open and he walked in on his grey suit, closing it back. I took a day off today to chill and laze around with some paperwork and watching him return from his Abdul Majeed & Co which he managed to build from scratch in just an year made me admire him.

"Assalam alaikum." He greeted lowly and the crunching of packets perked my ears.

"Obviously, my Mom isn't here to welcome a tired me with a hug and I shouldn't be expecting things from others also, so yeah...that's how life works, dear Raihaan. Ignore it." He grumbled to himself while settling the snacks on a table beside the door. His angry attitude did have a lot to do with my giggling.

I clasped my hands at the back and ambled upto him. He eyed me with longing while loosening his tie but he knew that I had a mischievous smile for a reason.

"Walaikum assalam. How was work?" I queried and pursed my lips when he answered in his grousey tone. "Fine!"

Why is he this adorable?

"All that for me?" I pointed to the goodies and he glared at me with narrowed eyes. His bluish amber orbs displayed a horizontal view through the slits and it appeared to be a rejuvenating landscape that mesmerized the beholder.

"Oh, you could feed it to the dog outside. I'm sure you'd enjoy it's company." His sarcastic snide only heightened my amusement.

"Meano! You are banned from eating my candies." I declared, roughly carrying the shoppers towards the counter, joyfully arranging them in their respective shelves while he scoffed loudly. "All the rules in the world are only made for me."

"A man needs a woman to care for him. Not inanimate things." He loudly shot while slumping on the sofa while my lips twisted into a smirk. Was he jealous of my snacks?

"Who's the man here? Let me care for him. Come out, man. Where are you hiding?" I played along, squinting my eyes in search of the said 'man'. He glared at the way I looked everywhere but at him and when I finally landed my eyes in him, he abruptly turned away.

I rounded the sofa at an unhurried pace and flumped beside him. He angrily scooted away from me and murdered my remote with the merciless pressure on it's buttons. He then slapped it harshly making my jaw drop. "Stupid thing! One job. One job of changing the channels and failed at that also. Die, you piece of plastic."

I tried to slip the remote from his hands into mine but he forcefully tugged at it. I almost fell on his side but somehow saved myself. "That's my remote."

"Oh yeah? A lot of things belong to me as well. I don't get to be possessive over them." He taunted in his growling voice, almost throwing the remote on the TV. My lips rolled inside to contain the laugh and he finally was able to put on a football match.