The Hyderabadi Ghar (Epilogue)

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

A Few Years Later

"Zahid, did Ja'far and all leave to pick him up?" Amreen questioned her son and mentally smacked her head for asking him in the first place. Zahid looked like he just landed onto Earth and peered at his mother with big, round eyes.

"Pick who up, Ammi? — Ohh, haan. Shayed. Nahi, wait. Nai, nai...haaaaan! Accha." He mumbled incoherent stuff, trying to recall what had taken place earlier. Amreen threw a spoon at him and sauntered off, muttering hyderabadi curses on her way. Huma sat beside him and gave him a sweet look. Zahid suddenly broke out of the 'Taare Zameen Par' reverie and beamed at her smiling face.

"Tum kittey hauley hai, yeh baat ka saboot roz pesh karte barabar." She smilingly stated and all he could see was her smile, nothing else. Not even the other wooden spoon that hurled his way and hit his arm. Huma threw her head back in laughter and he chuckled at his stupid ways of making her honey-sweet laughter echo.

Suddenly the doors slammed open and stood a charming teenager, dressed in navy denims and a white shirt with a checkered flannel messily tied to his waist. He gave a boyish grin, running a hand through his wild dark-brownish hair sending all the girls springing in his direction.

"Woah, ladies! Calm down, Not a single maiden is left out when Faris is here." He coolly voiced out with a wolfish grin, making Gauhar, Huma and the other girls grab him in a bear hug which, the charmer thoroughly enjoyed. "You all have my attention, babes!"

Gauhar wiped her tears and sloppily kissed her brother, while Talha and Ja'far brought in his rolling suitcases inside the house. Huma slung an arm around him and he gave her a cheeky kiss on her cheek, winking for effect. Zahid would have pounced on him right then, but her hypnotic giggle that followed stopped him where he was.

"Chalo betey Faris. Apney 'abroad' ke qissey baad mein sunao. Sab ku malum aap hostel gaye they, kain vacation pe nai. Ab khaana khaaney aao." Kausar, their mother called out, lightly laughing at his momentary embarrassed face. He then smirked at retorted. "Ma! You're just covering up how you missed this genetically favored son of yours."

Salman cocked a brow at how Faris sent him a challenging look, bragging about his handsome face. Mariya cooed and clutched onto Salman's arm in the process and Salman let it slide this one time. Faris then scrolled his gaze over the entire physical family tree in an attempt of getting a glance at her face.

"Naaz beti abhi padhai mein busy hai. Aur waisey bhi, usku cheddhna sai nai hai, toh aap araam se khaana khaalo, mere laadley." Dadu remarked at his desperate expression and chuckled heartily at how his ears tinged pink. Afreen nudged Faris and wiggled her eyebrows at him, which he deemed it beneficial to ignore.

"Faris, meku tumarey dost'aan bhot chillar dikhrey. Ekdum 360° change aagaya tumarey mein toh!" Meher commented, with an impressed smile. Faris puffed his chest out. "Babe, are you regretting that you married that guy instead of me?"