The Hyderabadi Ghar (II)

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

"Toh kya hua malum uske baad? That insolent brat swooshed his khataara bike past me, in an attemp of giving a good impression, but the kicchad splashed on me instead

"Toh kya hua malum uske baad? That insolent brat swooshed his khataara bike past me, in an attemp of giving a good impression, but the kicchad splashed on me instead. Mera ghussa is waqt, ke Allah maaf kare. Dekh ke chalane nai aata logon ku bike. Meku to bhi diyo main chalana sikatiyun!" Mahira ranted about the incident when she was on her way to her college, while all the girls plopped around her to listen to her wild experiences.

"Phir tumara Burqa? Don't tell me you went to college like that!" Afreen questioned in surprise, keeping a hand on her chest for dramatic effects and waited for her reply.

"Nahi, yeh Amma talli mera extra Abaya aake leke gaye, which I had kept for necessary purposes in my locker. Like seriously? Why did you even let that guy go? Should've smashed his bike to pieces!" Meher angrily grumbled back, feeling sudden hate for the good-for-nothing imp.

"Mahjabeen, tell me. Did you see a sign or something? Istikhaara ki wajah se?" Arooba suddenly questioned, staring at her wide-eyed. Expecting some mind-blowing chunk of information. When Mahjabeen slowly nodded her head, a gasping series erupted in the room.

"What is it?" Huma excitedly nudged her, urging her to speak up.

"I saw a dream. I still remember how it felt, like it was a very different type of dream, with an undescribable soothing atmosphere." She began, furrowing her eyebrows and catching everyone's attention.

"There was this man and he was in Sujood. It was midnight time and I could hear the soft chirping of crickets, and occasionally feel a cool gust of wind blowing over me. The man kept whispering in his Sujood, gasping for air amidst his cries breaking his trail of Du'as for a moment before resuming again, and crying, asking Allah for what he needed. He had a greyish t-shirt on with an undisputable muscular build, apparent from position where his head was placed in the ground." She paused, feeling overwhelmed all of a sudden. Gauhar pressed her forearm and gave her a reassuring smile to comfort her.

"I was beside him and when he woke up, I was completely mind-blown. I couldn't breathe anymore because his Noor filled face, took my breath away. It was Shahzeb. I swear, I have never seen him like this before. He looked so peaceful, with his face covered in tears and his lips moving in prayer as he recited the Tashahhud, and when I woke up, I still couldn't get the image out of my head. He looked ethereal, out of this world where he and and his Lord met." She bit her lower lip, still feeling the contentment spreading in her chest as she reminisced the dream.

The girls peered at her with wide eyes, comprehending what had they just heard. Was this a sign from Allah? Indeed, my Lord is the Greatest thought Arooba as she pondered over how Mahjabeen got her hint.

"Mahjabeen, what're you thinking about then? Straight away tell Tayi Ammi and take this forward." Huma placed her palm on Mahjabeen's shoulder and encouraged her.