Make It Better

BismiAllahiArRahmaniArRaheem

I fixed the Navy blue hijab and smiled once at the mirror in my locker and shut it with a bang. I almost had a cardiac arrest upon catching the malicious face with a creepy smile leaning on the row.

No, please no. Just not this guy! I'm tired of it.

I walked away, trying to rescue myself from his infuriating company only to hear light jogging steps reaching upto me. Ya Rab, Help me out of my problems. I turn to you Alone in times of goodness and in times of distress.

"I run to you, you run away from me. Ah, what a pity!" He uttered with a sigh thrusting his hands into his jeans pocket.

"How about we do, I run away from you, you run away from me and we run, I mean live happily ever after!" I retorted back mentally begging him to run to Alabama and purposely swung my bag in the air so that it hits him on his stupid face. But, obviously, his pretty body dodged it.

"I only run for you, babe." His rich, jovial voice answered back smirking at me like a dead dog. Ignore the heart flip, Sanaya Ali. Thank God, I reached my class and turned to him to blast my annoyance at his grinning face. He casually leaned on the wall beside the entrance door and waited for me to throw a remark at him, enjoying this to the moon and back.

"Stay away from me. You get that? Go enjoy yourselves with one of your girlfriends and stop messing with me. It's only a blessing that I didn't break your face up till here. Next time you come in front of me, I'mma dislocate your jaw." I spat at him barely trying to conceal my irritation. He completely bathed himself in amusement and got off the wall to step in front of me, like really close to me.

"I'll be waiting for the blissful meet. Oh wait, I already am." He menacingly whispered into my face, letting his breath mingle with mine. Oh, someone's excited for their death? Let's bring it on. With one final glare, I dashed into the classroom for my first lecture.

"Look, look! He's looking at you. Look, na!" Hania hit my arm repeatedly trying to peer my eyes away from the divine honey-grilled chicken sandwich I pleaded the restaurant lady to make me, after they had run out of them in the lunch break. Receiving a sharp glare, paying extra money and getting no cola, I was able to get my hands on this baby. My arm was beginning to get sore from Hania's constant slaps so I unwillingly tore my gaze and looked at what she tried to show. I gasped at what was happening.

"How on earth does he have that sandwich?! He arrived just now, after I got this, right? That lady told me that they had none left, so how is he holding the holy sandwich?!" I shrieked out in bewilderment, did the wicked woman dupe me? I'm so not letting this go. I didn't even get my Coke!

I couldn't help but gasp again. Did he just slurp an iced Coca-Cola? You're so dead, you sinful cashier lady! May Allah never grant you the pleasure of eating the honey-grilled chicken sandwich your whole life. Ameen.