CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT

Start from the beginning

"Did your dear mother forget to teach you some manners, or were you raised in a barn? Staring at people like a lunatic while they sleep is hardly a refined skill," he retorted, his tone icy. A shocked look appeared on her face as she blinked rapidly as if struggling to process his words.

"A lunatic? This is an open space human, Who in their right mind chooses a tree to sleep under? Are you playing homeless for sympathy? Are you perhaps poor and don't have a cabin to call your own?" Her eyes scanned his appearance as she muttered "You certainly don't look poor.'"

"I used to find peace here, a respite from the mundane. Now, thanks to you I am never coming here. Who knows what lunatic I am going to find lurking next time I come for some shut-eye?"

"How dare a lonely, uncultured human like you speak to me in such a manner? Do you even possess a clue about who you are speaking to right now?, or are you just permanently stuck in your boorish ignorance?"

"Why should I care who you are?" he asked, a cold edge in his voice as his eyes scanned her frame. Tilting his head, he added, "As if dealing with that crazy woman isn't headache enough; now I have to contend with another lunatic."

"You insolent fo..."

"Aunt Sylara," a distant voice interrupted behind the white-haired woman. She spun around to see another white-haired woman walking towards her from a distance. A smile lit up her face upon recognizing the newcomer.

"Saraphina," she said with a genuine smile as the woman closed the distance, and they shared a warm hug.

"My queen, what brings you to the land of the humans?" Princess Saraphina, a tall, pale, and striking Vedan lady with long white hair, dressed in warrior attire, and the heir to the throne of the Ashen Vedan, also known as the Warrior Vedan, asked with a friendly grin. Sylara smiled back and inquired, "How did you know I am here? That's a bit unusual."

"A queen of your stature and power would grace the land of humans, and I wouldn't sense your presence? That's hardly possible," she said  with a confident smile.

"Sapphire spilled the secret, didn't she?" Sylara asked, causing Saraphina to nervously chuckle as she attempted to change  the conversation.

"Why are you here, engaging in a conversation with yourself?"  Saraphina redirected.

"I'm not alone. I was just discussing with this..." Sylara turned to point at the man she had been addressing earlier, only to find him mysteriously absent. "Where did he go?" she asked, visibly puzzled.

"Who are you talking about?" Saraphina asked.

"The infuriating human I was arguing with. Didn't you see me talking to someone?" Sylara pressed, while Saraphina shook her head in response.

"I didn't see anyone, Aunt Sylara," Saraphina affirmed.

Sylara, confused, muttered, "Surely, I'm not imagining things."

"Is anything the matter, Your Majesty?" Saraphina asked, and Sylara shook her head with a smile.

"It's nothing you should worry about, Saraphina. Now, tell me, where is my sister Sapphire?"

"She's resting in my kingdom. My father prepared a special place for you, Your Majesty, and someone is waiting for you. Shall we leave?"

"Yes, we shall," Sylara replied, glancing back one more time, hoping to spot the mysterious man she had been arguing with. However, he was nowhere in sight. "What could it be?" she pondered, taking a deep breath before following Saraphina.

"Is this the person you claim is waiting for me, Saraphina? I was hoping it was someone actually worth my time," Sylara questioned as she entered the room. Yashira, the queen of the Azure Vedans, also known as the Water Vedans, sat gracefully while her maids attended to her needs. Yashira was a mesmerizing sight with her long, white flowing hair that complemented her beautiful dark skin covered in radiant golden scales.