The Christmas Party

Ariana's POV

The day of the party finally arrived, and I confidently strolled into the Slytherin house, declaring "Pureblood" before entering.

Draco was there, but I skillfully ignored him. 'God!! He's getting more and more attractive, it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to ignore him.'

Then Pansy approached me with a big smile and a nice dress.

"Hey, baby, you ready for today's evening?" I asked, playfully ruffling her hair. "Yeah, I'm sorry for the other day," she apologized guiltily, and I just smiled.

"Oh, it's fine. Where's that asshole boyfriend of yours?" I inquired, and he appeared from his room, attempting to hug me.

"Aria, baby, how are you?" He grinned. 'You heartless Bastard, you dare dump me and smile.' I swiftly punched his stomach, and he toppled backward.

"Couldn't you have let me know a day earlier or something? I only have 5 more hours to go," I scolded, shaking him by the collar.

"I'm sorry, I just got back together this morning," He explained, and I sighed.

"I'll let you off this once;m, next time, I'll seriously kick your balls," I warned him. Then I turned to Pansy with a smile, "Then I'll see you at the party," and left to get ready for the evening.

After getting ready, we waited for Luna at our meeting spot. "What happened to your date?" Harry asked, scanning for Blaise, and I shook my head.

"Got dumped."

When Luna arrived, we proceeded down the hall towards the party venue.

"I've never been to this part of the castle. At least, not while awake. I sleep-walk, you see. That's why I wear shoes to bed," She casually shared.

"You sleepwalk!? I haven't done that since I was five." I exclaimed surprised, and she nodded. Then we walked together in silence

"Why are you looking at me like that, Harry?" I questioned as he continued gazing at me from top to bottom.

"You look gorgeous in that dress, Aria. You look so good that I hate you," he complimented, and I chuckled, shaking my head.

We posed for a picture with Slughorn and he went to greet his other friends, just then Neville approached us, holding out a tray

"Drink?" He asked. "Neville," both Harry and I called out. "I didn't get into the Slug Club. It's okay, though. He's got Melvin hanging up towels in the loo," Neville shared, and I patted him reassuringly.

"I'm fine, mate," Harry declined, but I eagerly accepted the glass of champagne, or so I thought.

Harry nudged me towards a curtain, and to my surprise, Hermione was hiding behind it. I finished the drink in one go and took another one.