The Betrayer

Ariana's POV

"Remember, these visits to Hogsmeade village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school, that privilege shall not be extended again."

"No permission form signed, no visiting the village. That's the rule, Potter, Those with permission, follow me. Those without, stay put." McGonagall declared.

"I thought if you signed it, then I could," Harry queried.

"I can't, only a parent or a guardian can sign. Since I am neither, it would be inappropriate. I'm sorry, Potter. That's my final word," She explained.

"Forget about it, guys," Harry sighed disappointment etched in his eyes.
"Give me yours, Aria, I'll take it," McGonagall requested. I cleared my brother's signature and said,

"Ah... no professor, looks like my brother didn't sign it." She looked at me in disbelief, and I just smiled at her, putting a hand on Harry's shoulder and saw them leave.

"You could have gone with them, you know," Harry remarked. "Yeah, and be a third wheeler? No way, I'd rather stay here and annoy you," I scoffed.

He hugged me, whispering a thank you. Then we roamed around the castle and leaning on an open corridor railings. Enjoying each other's company.

"Oh Harry, Aria." Then Lupin joined us, standing beside us. "Professor Lupin." We greeted him. "Are you two dating or something?" He asked frowning at us.

Both of us made a disgusted face and emphatically said, "NO." "I'm sorry, my bad, you're always together so..." Lupin apologized chuckling amused. "Professor, can I ask you something?" Harry asked warily.

"You want to know why I stopped you facing that boggart, yes? I thought it'd be obvious. I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort," Lupin explained.

"Oh!" I looked at him surprised.

"What's wrong?" He asked confused. "No, after me and Harry you're the first person to call Voldemort.... Well Voldemort." I said and Lupin smirked.

And then we kept talking, and I just enjoyed the snow. The Hogsmeade plans might be foiled, but banter and revelations continued at Hogwarts.

Time Skip~~~

As we headed to the common room, we were met with chaos. Everyone was gathered outside, searching for the Fat Lady, who was in tears, claiming that Sirius Black was in the castle.

The commotion led us to spend the night in the Great Hall, where I found myself sleeping next to Harry. To my surprise, Malfoy ended up near me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper-screamed. "Are you alright, Aria?" Harry asked behind me. "Yeah, I'm fine," I assured, then turned toward Malfoy, who just grinned.

"Courting you, of course," He declared, coming a bit too close for comfort and I stopped him. "I won't do anything, just let me sleep," Draco added, putting his face into my chest.

"I'm still flat, you know, there's nothing there," I retorted. "It's more than enough," He insisted. And folks I got offended!!

Annoyed, I pushed him off and then, unexpectedly Draco pulled me into his arms comfortably. "Draco...?" I gripped his dress and he nuzzled into my neck.

"You are sooo unfair, Aria," He complained, and I just put my hands into his hair, massaging it.

Soon, Professor Dumbledore and Snape arrived, and we settled down to sleep amidst the unexpected late-night drama at Hogwarts.

Time Skip~~~

Under the starlit sky, unable to find peace amidst the bunch of students, I ventured out, seeking peace beneath the branches of a tree in a secluded spot.