Drama In The Dungeons

Ariana's POV

Entering one of Slughorn's parties, I found the room already filled with guests, all of whom seemed to fixate their gazes on me. Perplexed, I couldn't help but frown.

'Why are they staring at me like that? Do I look that bad without make-up?'

"Do I look weird?" I asked, glancing down at my dress, seeking an explanation for the unexpected attention.

"Did I dress up too much?" I pondered aloud, briefly questioning my attire. Despite my efforts to keep it simple, the scrutinizing gazes made me wonder.

'Even if I did, who cares? I'm a princess, and with Karls behind me,' I mused, stealing a glance at my pet snake, Felix's new watch dog, who slithered around, keeping a watchful eye on me.

Well he's lazy so he slips away eventually.

Considering Felix's role in ensuring my safety, I contemplated the consequences of dressing down. Let's just say I'll have to pay the consequences.

But hey, I'm not scared. I don't want others to look down. I mean, I am the only princess to the biggest kingdom the wizarding world ever knows.

I stood straight with my chin high, with a hint of regality, determined not to let anyone underestimate my royal stature.

I stood straight with my chin high,  with a hint of regality, determined not to let anyone underestimate my royal stature

(Without Jacket)

(With Jacket)

"Oh, no, no, dear. You look great," Slughorn reassured, flashing a warm smile. I approached him, extending my hand for a handshake. "Thanks for the invitation, Professor."

But he lifts it up and kisses it. I fake smiled and realised I should've worn some gloves.

"Aria, come sit with me," Blaise beckoned, receiving the golden approval nods from Harry and Hermione. I plopped down next to him, ready for some banter.

"Hey, how are you?" He inquired, and I nonchalantly replied, "I'm great, what about you?" As I indulged in my ice cream.

Then came the bombshell. "Not good. Pansy caught me making out with Astoria," he replied warily, and I choked on my ice cream.