A Normal Day In Hogwarts

Ariana's POV

Harry's gaze was fixed on Snape, who clearly harbors disdain for him. We're in the bustling Great Hall around midday, surrounded by students diligently immersed in their homework.

Our eyes lock briefly, and I shoot Snape a friendly smile. Unfazed, he turns away to engage in conversation with another teacher.

'Ha Ha ha... He still hasn't warm up to me. Snape remains ice-cold, especially towards me.'

"EYE of rabbit, harp string, hum, turn this water into rum." Seamus chants, flicking his wand with determination.

"What's Seamus trying to do?" Harry asked Ron. "Turning it into rum. Actually managed to make weak tea yesterday until--" Ron starts, but before he can finish,

*BOOM*

- a mighty explosion interrupts. The cup was now a charred remnant, and laughter erupts as Hermione waves away the dissipating smoke.

"The students in Gryffindor are idiots," I jest, talking to Blaise, a childhood friend. "And the students from Slytherin are jerks!" I added playfully.

"No, we're not!" Blaise defends, engaging in friendly banter. "Yeah?! One of the fifth years asked me out this morning!" I boast.

"Shut up! You're lying!" He exclaims, disbelieving. "Ha ha ha, no, I'm not!" I assured, chuckling. "Eww, dude... that's crazy." We share a laugh.

Suddenly, a flurry of owls descends into the hall from the rafters above. I spotted one owl that seemed familiar - my brother's acquaintance.

As he leaves, I collect my box and a letter that unfolds its tale.

My dearest Aria,

I trust Hogwarts is treating you well, and I hope you're not stirring up trouble among the teachers and students. There are whispers that you ended up in Gryffindor - proud of you, though Slytherin might have suited you better.

As I've reminded you countless times, resist the urge to flirt or ogle others. I understand you miss our closeness, but save those affections for the holidays.

No dating, no boyfriends or girlfriends, and certainly no breaking school rules. Keep those boys at arm's length, and never forget, you are a princess!

Your Loving Brother,
Felix

P.S. I've enclosed a necklace with our family crest. Wear it always, a simple reminder of your authority.

*Rip*

I tore it into two pieces and looked into the box.

"Seems more like a warning than a letter. Never seen so many 'nos' in one place," I heard someone comment, who had picked up and had been eyeing the torn letter.

A voice crept from behind, "What does he mean by boyfriend and kissing? Are you having that kind of relationship with your brother?" It was Malfoy, always lurking.

"God, Malfoy, you scared the living daylights out of me! It's rude to read others' letters! Even the ghosts would booing at your manners" I scolded, holding my chest in annoyance as he smirked.

"And for your information, NO! I'm not in any obscene relationship with my brother," I clarified, tearing the letter into pieces.

Malfoy fell silent, contemplating the new information. I retrieved the necklace from the box, and Malfoy asked, "Can I put it on?"

"You read the letter my brother sent. He practically put up 'No Boys Allowed' sign," I reminded him. "Will you listen to him?" He asked, a bit disappointed.