The Quidditch Jinx

Aria's Pov

"Hmmm... I wanna sleep more." I rubbed my eyes, gracefully rising from my bed. "Huh....? This is my room...?" I looked around surveying my surroundings.

'How did I even end up here?'

~Hiss, how are you feelingssss?~ Karls asked. "Hm.....? Good morning," I greeted him, and he rolled around my neck.

"Careful there! I've got stitches, you know." ~Sorrysss~ He whined, and I kissed him. "Come on! Let's go and get ready!" I stood up and prepared for Quidditch.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione were missing from their rooms, so I ventured to the common room. 'Where the hell did they disappear?'

"Hey Fred, George, have you guys seen Harry?" I asked the mischievous twins on the common room couch. "Ah! Aria heard about the incident last night. Good going, girl!" Fred gave me a thumbs up.

"Are you okay? Can you play Quidditch today?" George asked concerned. "Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for asking," I replied.

"Good. Harry's having breakfast with Ron and Hermione," He informed, and I nodded my thanks.

As I headed towards the Gryffindors' table, I realized, 'They're having food and they didn't invite me.'

Bumping into someone on the way, I groaned, rubbing my shoulder. "Ugh... I'm sorry." It was Draco. "Watch it!!" He snapped, and our eyes locked.

"Oh, Aria! I'm s-sorry. Thought you were someone else. You alright?! I heard about last night's incident. How are you feeling?" Draco asked, genuine concern in his eyes.

"I'm fine. It doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would." I pointed at my nape, which was a bit exposed since I didn't wear a tie today.

"Really?" He looked at me skeptically, lightly caressing my bandaged neck. "It's fine.. I'm fineee." I chuckled, amused. Then, out of nowhere, Draco embraced me.

"Mal...foy...?" I exclaimed in surprise, but still wrapped him in a hug. "Rough day?" I inquired, and he shook his head. I giggled, playfully ruffling his hair.

"Why the sudden hug attack?" I teased, amused. "I... I... don't know... I just felt like it," Draco replied, almost a whisper, prompting me to hug him tighter.

"Is this a new Draco Malfoy tradition?" I chuckled.

He hesitated. "I suppose so."

We stood there for a good minute, ignoring all the stares and whispers around us. "You should probably let me go, Malfoy, we're attracting too much attention," I suggested, patting his back.

"Ok, bye!" Draco released me and ran away and I shook my head in confusion. 'He's so weird sometimes.' I shrugged and went to my table, eyeing the golden trio.

I sat next to Harry.

"Why didn't you guys wake me up?" I asked, grabbing a plate and putting some toast on it. "Aria!!!!" The three of them brightened up.

"How are you?", "How is your neck?" "Does it hurt?" "You should get more sleep, right?" "Can you play later?" They bombarded me with nonsensical questions.

"Will you please shut up?! I'm fine! Getting hurt is normal. It doesn't hurt much. I am hungry!! Will you please let me eat?!" I exclaimed, and they all fell silent, allowing me to enjoy the much-needed peace.

"Thank you! I'm practically auditioning for the next Quidditch match, not a hospital drama!" I expressed my gratitude and started eating.

It's been a while, and Harry's still not touched his food, twirling it with a fork. "What's wrong Harry?" I asked and he shook his head.