Prologue

Hey there, rebels against prologues! I get it, we're all in for the plot twists, not the warm-up acts. But hey, this flashback is like the espresso shot you didn't know you needed.

Flashback~~

Imagine waking up with a headache that one to be encountered with a teary-eyed maid in full cosplay mode bursts in."Young... Young lady, you're finally awake."

"I need to inform the young master—" She blurted and sprinted out the door like her life depended on it. "No!! Wait—!"

'And there goes my chance to ask if this is a prank or an avant-garde theater performance.'

After an agonizing wait, a strapping young lad in his prime twenties waltzed in and pulled me into a bear hug.

"Ariana! You gave me a heart attack. How many times have I said, no tree climbing?" He scolded, and I gave him my best 'Seriously?' frown.

'Is reincarnation the new trend? Because if so, this is seriously messing with my plans. I have a date later tonight, with a hottie non the less.'

"I'm sorry, but who are you? And where am I? If this is a joke, it's very funny. Please, send me back. I'd like to go back home," I pleaded, panic taking hold.

"This is your home! Wait, you don't remember me?" He shouted, gripping my shoulders painfully. "NO!! Now let me go," I insisted, attempting to push him away, but he was stronger than me.

"Ariana! Did you lose your memories? Don't you remember your own brother?" He asked with a low voice. 

'He looks like he's gonna cry if I say no. But hey dude, I'm not your sister.'

"Get me a mirror NOW!!!" I demanded, and the maid promptly handed me a hand mirror. I stared into it and saw a kid. 

'This is not me! I was 18 just a few minutes ago. I've become a kid, a fucking KID, AGAIN??!!'

Suddenly, my head felt like it was caught in a vice. I screamed, and flashes of memories assaulted me. 

'Are these the body owner's memories? The the memories of my death....? Did I get my pastlife from getting hit in the head...?'

I felt like crying as the situation felt all overwhelming.

"There, there, calm down," The young male, or my supposed brother, hugged me and rubbed my back. "No, let me go! Don't calm me down!" I jumped off the bed, panicking.

"How the FUCK did I die?! A past-life?!" I asked, walking around the room, pulling my hair, desperately trying to think how it's all possible. \

But all I could recall was that this wasn't my home or my world.

I mean, seriously, how do they expect me to chill after dropping the bomb that I reincarnated into a place I don't know of? That date I had planned is now just a distant dream.

"Arghh! Fuck this!" I exclaimed, frustration taking over. "Well, looks like you didn't forget to curse." My 'brother' deadpanned, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"What's my name?" I asked, though the memories had already spilled the beans.

"Ariana Michelle Roscente," He replied, and so, my life in another realm began. Cheers to new adventures, I guess.

Five Years Later ~~~

'Ha Ha Ha, got the Hogwarts letter this year too. I'm 15, but why rush into the wizarding world chaos, right?'

"Ho ho ho ho." I chuckled like a villainess, having finally conquered all the quirky princess problems—like, seriously, life as a princess? Who signed me up for this?

Why should I handle a diplomatic problem in the kingdom, like trade disputes with a neighboring realm. Why? Bro I was barely an adult in my previous life.

"I think someone possessed my lady five years ago, she's been acting weird ever since," my maid mumbled to herself.

"I can still hear you, you know," I chimed in, thoroughly amused.

"I don't know what you're talking about, young lady," She retorted with a smile before making a swift exit.

Haa... settling into this magical world took longer than expected. Dealing with magic, witches, and suddenly being a princess is no walk in the enchanted park.

Meet my half-brother, Felix Roscente—an illegitimate pureblood who dodged the legitimacy for the throne debate like a pro.

Choosing a monarch was a royal mess, with me casually waving goodbye to any queenly aspirations. 

I mean, I was from the "normal people committee", why dive into royal dilemmas? Hogwarts beckoned me at 13, but I asked for a rain check, and they graciously obliged.

In the twisted saga of my parents' demise battling he-who-should-not-be-named – "That bastard," as we so eloquently put it – 

They were betrayed by my conniving aunt Cordelia, the despicable spouse of said bastard. My mother took matters into her own hands, literally, and offed Cordelia. 

But lo and behold, Voldemort decided to spice things up by planting a piece of her twisted soul right into my unsuspecting body. 

"Seriously, me? Couldn't he find a more willing vessel?"

Before Voldemort skipped town, he left a charming threat for the entire kingdom, something along the lines of, "Take care of my bride, or I'll unleash unholy chaos upon you." 

Real classy, that Dark Lord.

"Mother-fucking son of a bitch! I was barely 5, and he already made me his puppet? Pathetic old pedophile," I muttered under my breath, cursing my luck.

And so, I became the infamous Dark Lord's Bride, a title that won me popularity points I never wanted.

"Hey Aria, you ready?" Called a voice from downstairs. "Coming, brother!" I cast one last glance at my room, filled with teenage angst and despair, and descended the stairs.

Turns out, my brother, now a king, couldn't accompany me on the thrilling quest to purchase school supplies. 

"Ready?" He asked as we headed towards the gate and I nod.

Unable to escort me himself, Hogwarts sent a representative – a stranger, no less. 'And the lucky one to fetch me is... a giant. Lovely,' I thought to myself, eyeing the colossal stranger.

" I know this might sound strange, but I need a favor. You see, my sister—she's a bit reckless and adventurous. I'm worried she'll get into trouble. Would you mind keeping an eye on her?"

Felix took a deep breath, summoning the courage to make his unusual request and I looked at him baffled. "Hey!! I'm not that bad!!" I defended myself. 

 "Aye, I reckon I can keep an eye on her." The giant replied bowing a bit. "Thank you, Hagrid. I appreciate this more than you can imagine." Felix replied with a grateful smile.  

Hagrid gave a hearty chuckle, patting Felix on the back.

"Hello, princess! Nice to meet ya," The giant greeted with a grin. "Call me Ariana, and you are...?" I extended my hand, attempting to maintain some semblance of regality.

He theatrically bowed and planted a kiss on my hand. 

"Hagrid! Ariana, meet the keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts." Because, of course, my introduction to the magical world had to involve a giant named Hagrid.