The Yule Ball

Ariana's POV

I woke to a hand on my face and exclaimed, "Owwww, who the hell was that?" Turning, I found Ron sleeping beside me, Hermione on my left, and Harry next to her.

'Wow, I'm surprised the four of us even fit in this bed.' "Guys, get up, we still have to go to class," I groaned, rousing them. They all groggily woke up and we all got ready for the day.

Heading to the Great Hall, I found my place between Ron and Harry once more. Harry caught my mischievous look at Cho and promptly told me to shut up.

"Look at this! I can't believe it! She's done it again. 'Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report, is none other than the Bulgarian bonbon, Viktor Krum,'" Hermione read from the newspaper.

"Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley," a junior named Nigel announced, and Ron glanced at me and Harry. "Thank you, Nigel. Not now. Go on," Ron directed, and the day continued with a blend of romance, mischief, and unexpected deliveries.

Hermione gazed at him, seeking answers at the juniors weird looks from us. "I told him I'd snag Harry's and Aria's autograph," Ron replied, unwrapping the parcel with enthusiasm.

"Oh, behold! Mum's sent me a mysterious package. Look, a dress!" He exclaimed, revealing a concealed cloak of unknown origin.

"Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet? Aha!" Harry triumphantly extracted a bonnet and handed it to Ron.

Turning to Ginny, he declared, "Ginny, these must be for you." "I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly." She retorted. "They're not for Ginny. They're for your dress robes." , Hermione chimed in, chuckling.

"Dress robes? For what?" Perplexed, I questioned.

"Hey, Roscente!" called out the Hufflepuff guy whose arms I had broken. "What do you want?" I inquired. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked and I frowned.

"Yeah, sure," I replied. He then glanced around. "Privately," The guy insisted.

""Wait up! Share whatever it is right here," declared Harry glaring at the guy, but I stepped in, "Okay, sure, lead the way," I said, interrupting. 

"But Aria, he is..." Harry began, and I shut him down with a firm, "Stop. It's fine. Just go eat your breakfast." I followed the guy to a spot with more echoes than Hogwarts secrets.

"So, what's all this about?" I asked. "Can you c-ca—" he stuttered, but I cut him off, "If you're aiming for an apology, save it. I'm not in the market for that."

"Oh, God! Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" hH blurted.

Hold on, rewind! 

"You're asking ME? I broke your girlfriend's teeth and your arm!" I exclaimed amused. "She's not my girlfriend, she's my sister," he clarified. "And by the way, I'm Michael Abbott," he added.

"I'm Ariana Roscente," I replied, shaking hands. "Will you go with me?" Michael asked, and I dropped the bomb, "I appreciate it, but I've already said yes to someone else. I hope you understand," 

"Yeah, fine...." He smiled painfully and made a swift exit.

"What did you guys talk about?" Back in the hall, Ron was about to interrogate me, but the plot thickened. "Hey, Ariana," Cedric popped up. "Oh, hey," I greeted him. 

"Can I have some of your time?" he inquired. I exchanged weird glances with my friends before responding, "Ye-yeah." 

He smiled walking away and I gave them a confused shrug before following Cedric. 'I mean.... Say it here.'