"I promise. Be safe. Take care of yourself Zargull"
He took another step back.

"I have to go now"
With his heart heavy with the choices he made, he retreated into the lobby, fading into the night.
Zargull stood struck, with tears cascading down her face as her silly little heart concocted hopes of crossing his path under brighter skies.

~

In the confines of rooh qasar the whole family was gathered around the television, the room was brimming with tension, and anticipation as the news was ablaze across the screen, unveiling the web of corruption that Shadman Awarkzai had spiraled.

"Viewers All those years of manipulation, all those years of deception have finally come to light. Minister Shadman Awarkzai have been arrested. Yes, you heard that right. Shadman Awarkzai who established his own political party seven years ago have been arrested. His trails of deceit were exposed by an unknown man who posted the evidence to the police.."

Azar clutched his hands together, his brows frowning in disbelief as he watched the news. On an armchair beside him, Murad was perched on the edge as he called one of his senior lawyer.

"I can't believe this. I'm worried for our Gulaab. Would she be alright bhai? Why don't you guys do something?"
Ammara's eyes welled up with tears, as she sobbed on hamid's shoulder. Hamid nodded solemnly, assuring her.

"Murad bhai. What are we waiting for? Chachu is not waking up, his condition is worsening. Yasmeen Chachi is out of it.
Murtaza yelled , his voice tinged with frustration.

"Look. Calm down. With the magnitude of this scandal. We can rest our own case. The Awarkzais are already down falling. I'm sure Ebek would be on his way to cover the damage of his father. We can get our Gulaab back"
Muraad patted Murtaza's back as he stood up from the armchair with a new resolve. Azar got up on cue as his hands clenched into fists, knuckles turning white.

"Muraad act quickly. We will scour every contact available, reach out to everyone. I want my bacha back as soon as possible"
Azar's voice turned steely as he gestured hamid to accompany them as well.

"You stay here Murtaza. Take care of everyone. Haaris has night shift. He won't be back from the hospital until tomorrow"
Hamid advised, as he followed Azar and Muraad outside.
Murtaza sighed and wiped his mother's tears. His dark eyes zeroed in on Ammara, as they shared a silent moment of comfort, exchanging a reassuring smile. They both knew that their unwavering hope for Gulaab's return would remain the same.

~

The opulent and grandeur Awarkzai palace was now a haunting shell of its glory, evoking a sense of loss and sadness, the whispers of the househelp followed him as he took hurried steps inside the house, a storm of anger brewed inside him when he saw his mother sobbing in her hands in the middle of the living room.
Natasha Awarkzai stared at her son as he stood in the grand hallway, with his fists clenched.

"Ebek... your father..."
Her ugly face that was painted on with layers of makeup etched with sorrow, as she struggled to get up from the couch and took a few steps towards him.

"Shut up. Just shut the fuck up. Father is done for. I didn't ask him to spew lies, I didn't ask him to go balls deep in corruption..."
Ebek snarled, his eyes were ablaze with potent anger. He eyed the streaks of mascara running down his mother's cheeks.

"...I'm not here to save him. I'm not the hero you think I am"
Natasha Awarkzai frowned as she stared at her son in disbelief.

"Ebek. He's your father. How can you not save him. He's suffering"
Her voice trembled as she clutched his coat in her hands in despair.
Ebek smiled as his mother sobbed heavily. The woman who neglected him his whole childhood, the woman who left him in the care of servants, as she went on to her cheating escapades. The woman who never truly loved him.