21.Past unfolds

Third PERSON POV:)

Vedanti snapped, "You are a coward, Abhirath! How dare you speak such things to me? I trusted you, opened up to you, and you've once again broken my trust. Why, Abhirath? Why did you do this?"

Her words cut through the air, leaving a trail of anguish. Trupti, standing nearby, was visibly distraught, tears streaming down her face. Abhirath, realizing the gravity of the situation, stepped forward to confront the repercussions of his actions.

"No, Hukum, please stay with your beloved wife, Trupti. Confront her and console her," Vedanti said, her tone resolute as she stepped back, signaling Abhirath not to come any closer.

As Trupti sobbed, Vedanti stood her ground, a mix of anger and hurt in her eyes. "I handled myself in the past, and I can handle myself again. Please take your family and leave my kingdom tomorrow," she declared, her tone both formal and filled with anger.

With that, Vedanti slammed the door shut, closing off any further confrontation. The weight of betrayal hung heavily in the air, and the room seemed to echo with the shattered trust that once bound them.

NEXT MORNING IN COURT

The next morning dawned with a heaviness in Vedanti's heart. As she opened her eyes, a wave of memories from the previous night flooded her thoughts, making getting ready for the day a task filled with difficulty. The weight of betrayal and shattered trust lingered, casting a shadow on the events that unfolded in the court.

Lost in the echoes of yesterday's turmoil, Vedanti made her way towards the court. The usually vibrant corridors seemed muted, reflecting the somber mood that had settled over the palace. Whispers of the previous night's confrontation lingered in the air, creating an atmosphere charged with tension.

Entering the court, Vedanti faced the expectant gazes of ministers, subjects, and family members. The hushed conversations ceased as she took her place on the throne, the weight of leadership resting heavily on her shoulders.

The court, once a hub of governance, was now a stage for the aftermath of personal and political upheaval. Vedanti addressed the assembly, her voice carrying a mix of authority and vulnerability. The events of the previous night cast a shadow on the proceedings, leaving a palpable tension that hung in the air.

Vedanti, after scrutinizing all the authoritative details and entries, addressed the court with a tone that held both authority and determination. "Ram not only betrayed the kingdom, but he was also involved in the death of my parents nine years ago. Here is the proof," she declared, punctuating her statement with two resounding claps.

Following her signal, three men were brought forward by the soldiers. Their faces were marked with a mixture of fear and guilt as they pleaded for forgiveness. "Please, King, forgive us. We were with Ram, and he planned to take the throne. He told us that you don't have anyone with you, and that's why we could kill you and take the throne. But then Omkar came, and he changed the plan. We were to first kill Abhirath Kingbom, and then your Kingbom. They planned to share both kingdoms in a 50-50 portion. We are sorry; please forgive us," one of the men confessed.

A minister, his face reflecting a mix of anger and sorrow, interjected, "What about our late king? Do you know something about them?" As the minister spoke, Vedanti's gaze shifted to Abhirath, and her heart trembled. The man continued his revelation, "Ram, once, came to our kingdom when he was twelve. He overheard Omkara and Abhirath talking and discussing an attack on your kingdom. Omkara's father was also involved, and then we attacked and killed your parents. But we were not able to find you."

In the midst of the revelations and the weighty atmosphere, Trupti suddenly barged in and shouted, "YOU CAN'T INSULT KING ABHIRATH! HOW CAN WE BELIEVE GOD KNOWS WHAT THE TRUTH IS? DID YOU GIVE THEM MONEY TO SAY THIS IN COURT?"