17. The Mysterious Separation

Hey, fantastic readers!!! surprise update 

पहले से ज़्यादा मैं जी रहा हूँ, जब से मैं तेरे दिल से जुड़ा हूँ
राहों पे तेरी मैं तो चला हूँ
तू मेरी मंज़िल है, तेरे कदमों पे बस रुकने लगा हूँ, हो

Third PERSON POV

A weary messenger arrived with tidings of the war. King Abhirath had been injured, but he survived. The news spread like wildfire, reaching the royal palace, where a mixture of relief and anxiety settled in.

Vedanti, ever resilient, rushed to meet the messenger, her heart pounding in her chest. The royal court gathered in hushed anticipation as the messenger relayed the details of the battle and King Abhirath's condition. He had sustained injuries but was alive, and hope blossomed in the hearts of those who held him dear.

As the news reached Abhirath's immediate family, including Vedanti and his  daughter, a wave of emotion swept over them. His parents, siblings, and close kin shared a collective sigh of relief, their faces reflecting a mix of joy and concern. They clung to the promise that Abhirath would return, determined to support each other through the difficult days ahead.

On the same day, King Abhirath finally returned to the royal palace, his body weary and his spirit battered by the horrors of war. Vedanti, accompanied by his  daughter, rushed to his side. The sight of Abhirath, once a formidable king, now weakened and scarred, brought tears to Vedanti's eyes.

She embraced him tenderly, and their daughter clung to his regal attire, her eyes wide with a mixture of fear and relief. The chamber was filled with a heavy silence as emotions threatened to overflow. Vedanti couldn't hold back her tears any longer, and they streamed down her cheeks.

"I was so scared, Abhirath," Vedanti whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I thought I had lost you."

Abhirath reached for her hand, offering a weak but reassuring smile. "I'm here, Vedanti. I made it back to you."

Their daughter, sensing the depth of the moment, looked up at her father with wide, tearful eyes. Abhirath, with the grace befitting a king, gently lifted her into his arms, hugging her close. "I missed you, little one. Papa is back, and I'm going to be just fine."

Vedanti, overcome with relief, joined the embrace, and the family held each other tightly. As tears fell, they shared a moment of profound gratitude and the realization that, despite the scars of battle, they were together again.

Abhirath lay on the bed, his body worn from the battles he had faced on the battlefield. Vedanti sat beside him, her eyes reflecting the depth of her concern and love. Trupti, his second wife, entered the room, holding a small vial of medicine.

"Hukum, I brought medicine for you. It will help you recover," Trupti said, her voice filled with genuine care. However, she hesitated to approach, noticing Vedanti already by Abhirath's side.

Just then, Abhirath's grandmother, affectionately called Dadisa, entered the room. Spotting Trupti standing at a distance, she inquired, "Beta Trupti, did you serve the soup medicine to Abhi?" She smiled approvingly at Trupti but couldn't resist adding, "You are the perfect daughter-in-law of the house, standing on your toes for him. Not like the queen who shows fake care only in front of King Abhirath."

Before Dadisa could continue with her thoughts, Abhirath intervened, "Dadisa, you don't have any right to judge someone's feelings as fake or real. Vedanti may not have knowledge about medicine, but Trupti is a scholar in it; she studied it." Abhirath gave a tight squeeze to Vedanti's hand, emphasizing his point.