19. ''In the Garden of Affection''

आज से तेरी सारी गलियां मेरी हो

 गयी आज से मेरा घर तेरा हो गया

आज से मेरी सारी खुशियाँ तेरी हो गयीं 

आज से तेरा गम मेरा हो गया

Third PERSON POV:)

Next day in court 

The court fell silent as Vedanti's eyes widened in shock and sadness. A trusted minister accused her, and everyone looked to see who had the audacity to speak against the queen. It was a close confidant, someone who had always been by Vedanti's side.

Amidst the exchanged glances of ministers, subjects, and family members, Sumitra, dressed in widow's attire, entered the court. The somber clothes hinted at a great loss, and Vedanti's heart sank as she realized that Sumitra's husband, a loyal servant of the kingdom, had passed away.

Sumitra's voice, filled with grief, broke the stunned silence. "How could you do this, Vedanti?" she shouted, her words echoing in the grand hall. A tear rolled down Sumitra's cheek, and with a heart-wrenching sound, she collapsed to the floor, her mournful cries filling the court.

In that moment, Vedanti wasn't just the king; she was a friend faced with profound loss. She hurried down from her throne, approaching Sumitra with a heavy heart. Before Vedanti could say anything, their eyes met, and the weight of the tragedy hung in the air.

The court, once alive with discussions, transformed into a place of mourning. Ministers and subjects exchanged glances, trying to make sense of the sudden turn of events. Vedanti knelt beside Sumitra, offering a comforting embrace, a gesture that went beyond their roles of queen and subject.

"I am sorry, Sumitra," Vedanti whispered with genuine sorrow. "Your husband was a brave soul, and his sacrifice for the kingdom will be remembered. We share in your grief, and you won't face it alone."

As Ram's mother and Sumitra confronted Vedanti in the court, the atmosphere became charged with grief and anger. Ram's mother, her voice trembling with sorrow and accusation, began questioning Vedanti.

"king Vedanti," she said in a broken voice, "my son lost his life just ten days after his marriage. Who is responsible for this tragedy? Who will answer for the death of my son? Your husband, Abhirath, is responsible."

Sumitra, still mourning on the floor, joined Ram's mother in pleading for justice. They both knelt, tears streaming down their faces, and implored Vedanti to fulfill the responsibility of justice for Ram's untimely death.

Vedanti, taken aback by the sudden turn of events, felt the weight of the accusations. She tried to comprehend the pain and grief that Ram's mother and Sumitra were experiencing. The court, once a place of governance, now echoed with the pleas and cries of those seeking justice for a tragic loss.

Ram's mother spoke with a trembling voice, "Vedanti, we request you to give justice to Ram. Hold your husband accountable for the death of our loved ones. Let him face the consequences of his actions."

Sumitra, her eyes filled with tears, echoed the plea, "Please, king Vedanti, we trusted the kingdom to protect our sons. Now, we seek justice for their sacrifice."

Shocked and burdened by the grief-stricken pleas, Vedanti, in her role as king, composed herself and ordered the attendants to summon Abhirath to the court. The air in the court remained heavy with sorrow and anticipation as the attendants hurriedly left to bring the king.