So, Soobin tried to shift the atmosphere to a brighter one.

"Think about it, that night we met, where were you from?" She blinked as she asked, anticipating an answer. "You looked good that night - stylish like usual. Like you were from somewhere."

Sunwoo gulped.

That night, he was doomed. After concluding his shift at the cafe, Sunwoo went home to prepare himself for another job. He was invited to DJing at a party of Juyeon's acquaintance. It just happened that he ran into Soobin and killed the time that inevitably made him late for the party.

He received an earful. Both from the host and Juyeon but they couldn't be mad at him for too long because he kept smiling. It almost seemed like he did not hear anything other than the voices inside his head.

But right now, could he tell her that he was supposed to be at a party, and entertaining the guests with his music? What if Soobin did not like anyone who was a heavy socializer? Would he sacrifice this newly tied friendship just to tell her who was he?

"I.." hesitancy was too big clouding over his head, he was at a loss for words. One wrong word would kill him. "I was supposed to meet Eric. B-But I.. delayed it a bit."

From a glance, Soobin wasn't convinced. But, she wasn't the type of person who would push for an answer. Her motto was: not to make people feel annoyed with her.

So she nodded, dragging her feet forward as she spoke, "So, did you meet him?"

"Yes!" He jogged, matching his pace with hers. "We had fun playing."

"Sounds interesting."

For a brief moment, Sunwoo seemingly could catch something from this conversation. The faint sullen painted over her face somehow was showing something he could easily predict.

Chae Soobin was intrigued.

"Noona!" Sunwoo jumped in front of her and she immediately pulled an emergency brake, one foot took a step back. "Next time, would you want to join us?"

Right there and then, Soobin's eyes grew wider, the light of hope shimmering and portraying the galaxy inside. The boy was anticipating the answer. Maybe he could plan something from there.

But all were in vain.

The next thing happened, the squirrel guy appeared out of nowhere, intimidating the two, "Since when you two are inseparable?"

"Changmin..." Soobin said his name in a warning tone.

"Whatever!" He rolled his eyes, and at the same time, Sunwoo grimaced - caught by the girl.

"Kim Sunwoo!"

A loud and energetic voice that sounded like it almost shook the whole campus made everyone flinch, heads turning from all directions, and darted right on that specific boy who was now sprinting.

Eric jumped on Sunwoo, draping his short arm around the latter's shoulder, and pulled him close. The impact would have made Sunwoo fall hadn't for his strong thighs pulling him to the gravity.

"Hi.." Eric tried to be friendly when he noticed another figure there. But the fact that it was Chae Soobin - Juyeon's ex-girlfriend and not Sunwoo's love interest he talked to at the cafe, made him slightly hesitant. "Soobin."

Pursing her lips in a straight line, the girl was awkward as well. She clearly didn't recognize Eric, probably because they rarely met while she was dating Juyeon. But that did not mean that Changmin didn't tell her anything.

"Eric is the closest to Juyeon. That's why Sunwoo is too."

Reading the air, Changmin nudged the girl. He beckoned her to move as their eyes met but the signal was too weak to be received into her system. Chae Soobin remained frozen.

The awkwardness was worrying and Eric's sharp glare at her face somehow was questionable, Sunwoo found himself holding back some feeling inside. Maybe he was jealous if anyone would get Soobin first before him, specifically his best friend. Though at a glance, it seemed impossible to happen but he shouldn't have let his guard down. In a term of love, nobody could be trusted.

But then sets of footsteps approached, Sunwoo pushed Eric away from kept clinging to him without valid reasons while Soobin and Changmin felt their breath hitched.

Two figures were then approaching the group. Though they could be categorized as the younger's friends, Soobin and Changmin on the other hand could confirm that all of them had once been friends.

Kevin had his lips partly agape by seeing those two, specifically Soobin. His eyes shifted every so often from the girl to his best friend next to him. However, Juyeon himself was spacing out. It felt like a lucid dream to see Chae Soobin standing right in front of him.

And Sunwoo caught it.