Chapter 2: Young hero, please try again

Author: [ Collect this chapter ] [Complain]First published in Jinjiang Literature City 2
  The wind blows in the willows, orioles circle the embankment, and a small stream gurgls under the bridge not far away.

  Yan Jin heard the sound of the stream in his hazy state of consciousness, and then felt a strange breath suddenly appear beside him. It was like waking up from a big dream, and his consciousness suddenly returned.

  In the crisis-ridden world of cultivation, being approached so closely by a strange aura can be fatal.

  The moment he opened his eyes, Yan Jin felt murderous and raised his sword directly————

  [You have not equipped this item yet]

  Yan Jin: "?"

  A strange female voice appeared in his ears and then disappeared instantly, as if a wild goose had passed by without a trace. Yan Jin narrowed his eyes dangerously, but he still couldn't notice the presence of a third person.

  The young man looked at his hands, and later realized that he had never been so weak.

  His whole body felt heavy, his steps were not light when walking, and even raising his hands seemed not as smooth as before.

  The bad premonition made Yan Jin's temples jump. He stretched out his hand to condense his spiritual energy, and a chill flashed across his palm - a large amount of spiritual energy condensed into beads and fell on his palm.

  ...Qi training period?

  If you fail to overcome the tribulation, you will die or your realm will fall, you will just fall back to the Qi training stage - which is still a bit scary.

  Yan Jin thought he would die. After all, after the void was shattered, even he himself didn't know where he would end up. He didn't expect that he would have the chance to open his eyes now.

  "Young man - Ouch!"

  A voice interrupted Yan Jin's thoughts, and he was about to draw his sword as a reflex. At this time, the voice sounded again:

  - [A good horse without a good saddle, a weapon without a good hand! 】(1)

  Yan Jin suppressed the suspicion in his heart and looked at the person who had just spoken.

  It was a white-haired old man, wearing civilian clothes and a beard. Yan Jin immediately noticed that this man was weaker than him now, but then his attention was attracted by something else.

  Yan Jin's sword was nowhere to be found. The action of waving when he drew the sword just now frightened the opponent so much that he stumbled to the ground. At this moment, he was sighing, holding his stomach and crying out in pain, and even vomited blood from the corner of his mouth.

  And there was a line of green characters on the old man's head that read: Chief of Wutong Village.

  Following the movements of the village chief, this line of words was dangling in front of Yan Jin's eyes, as if it had taken root. No matter how hard he blinked, it never disappeared.

  In other words... this is not an illusion.

  Where did he end up in Shattered Void?

  Being in an unknown place and seeing and hearing such weird things, Yan Jin didn't say what was going on in her heart, but she looked very calm on the face.

  The head of Wutong Village fell to the ground, holding his stomach and screaming in pain while quietly watching Yan Jin's reaction with his eyes.

  Of course Yan Jin... had no reaction.