Chapter 13

"So how long are you going to stay in my seat?" Athena asked for the third time that day; Luna was still not over about everything that happened yesterday. Listening to Lexus nagging was terrible enough, but arriving at school with rumors of her little display of attitude spreads like wildfire was just as bad. Thanks to Amelia who was seen running out of the council room in tears, not that Luna cares. To top it all, Toby hasn't spoken to her at all, more like she was trying her best to avoid him.

"Go away Athena," Mopping around Athena's seat was the best that she could do right now, with everyone's busy preparing for the school festival, no one pays her attention much to her relief.

"Babe, you know that whatever you did yesterday doesn't really matter to Toby, right?"

"Bab-"

"Besides, you don't really care about rumors so get over it already,"

"Fine, just leave me alone for a minute. You're making my head hurts," Athena looks unimpressed as she walked away from her. Plugging her earphones back, closing her eyes and letting herself wallowed on her thoughts to the tune of Mayday Parade playing on the background. There was something about listening to sad songs that comforted her troubled heart.

The rumors don't really bother her, but avoiding Toby due to her embarrassment was what make things worse. Lucky for her that the boy in question was busy preparing for the school fest like the rest of the students inside the school that he probably doesn't have the time to worry about her, a thought that made her sigh in between relief and contempt.

In the middle of her overthinking, the loud sound of footsteps made its way inside the room that she was in, catching everyone completely off guard. The sight of the entire football team sent shiver down her spine, if the team was here, that only means that it's just a matter of time before Darius Gregory came into view.

"My Moon!" The sound of his voice making her cringe, Luna had a no choice but to hide under Athena's seat. She was still pissed about the brawl at her house a few weeks back but dealing with Darius was just too much for her right now.

Darius scanned the room, looking for her with a bouquet of red roses on his hands. Realizing that she wasn't on her usual spot, the grin on his face turned into a frown in an instant.

"Where's my moon?" Luna's not afraid of her classmates selling her out because no one likes Darius Gregory in this class, not even one.

"I said where's Luna!?" The sound of something hard hitting the floor made her flinch involuntarily, the boy was clearly throwing a tantrum.

"Go away Darius, Luna's not here,"

"She's probably in the student council room, Gregory,"

"No, I think she went to the cafeteria,"

The commotion started quickly; Darius was busy sending his boys to find Luna outside the classroom. Not realizing that her classmates was just messing with Sheldon's golden boy. Luna was crawling her way out of the room in no time, throwing Athena a grateful look as she takes back her seat casually. She needed a place to hide away from Darius and his minions, and with one particular spot in her mind, Luna made her way up to the rooftop using the emergency staircase outside the building.

The gushed of wind knocking her off as soon as she opened the door, wiping the sweat dripping on her forehead, Luna hides herself behind the water tanks.

"Aren't you a bit old for playing hide and seek Miss Greene?" The familiar voice startling her, jerking her head to see the half amused look on his face.

"Aren't you a bit old to sneak around someone's back?"

"And it's not good to hide from people unless you did something wrong, am I right?"

"Go away Toby," Lost in words, Luna decided to ignore him. Of all people to run into, it has to be Toby. Just great, she thought. Already regretting her fail attempt of hiding on the rooftop.

"Why are you hiding from Gregory today, Luna?"

"You know the answer to that already Cooper,"

"Then let me ask you another question," Toby looks so serious as he takes a step closer towards her, trapping her in between his arms and the cold metal pressing behind her back.

"Wha—"

"Why are you ignoring me all day?" Luna stared back at him, losing herself in the perfect shade of blue hiding behind his thick glasses. The distance between them was short enough for her to cross in a heartbeat, restraining herself to grabbed him headfirst and kiss him senselessly.

"Nothing," she replied in a voice that she could barely recognized.

"You know I can tell if you're lying right?" the gentleness on his voice melting every part of her, leaving Luna in a dazed that only Toby can do.

"If it's about yesterday, you don't have to worry about that. You're not you without those attitude Miss Greene," Toby smile brightly at her, a smile that she knew was meant just for her. Flickering the tip of her nose as he let her go from his grasp.

The final bell rang, signaling the end of the day. Toby was watching the sunset in a distance, a faint smile lingering on his lips. Luna watches him in silence, wondering what was running through his head.

"Let's go home," Toby offered his hands that Luna gladly took, fully aware of the fact that he would let it go as soon as they left the rooftop.