Chapter 5

Every love story begins when the girl meet the boy, and theirs was not so different either. Freshmen year was dreadful for Luna, with Darius Gregory constantly chasing her and Caleb's transferring to the school next door, she was lonely. Lexus was busy with his duty as the new Student Council Secretary, leaving her all alone most of the time. Her classmates were nice and no one bothers her as much as Darius, but a part of her feels empty with the spaces that her brother and Lexus left whenever they were not around. It was always been hard for her to accept changes, she grew up closely with Lexus and her brother that not having them around like they used to in middle school was all new to her.

"This doesn't taste as bad," she mumbled begrudgingly at her half eaten ham and egg sandwich, it was lunch break and since Lexus has extra duties at the student council room, Luna had to sucked it up and eat her lunch alone. Finding herself in the comfort of the school rooftop, away from a possible Darius attack and the prying eyes of everyone inside the school cafeteria. Apparently, being a freshmen means you'll be the constant amusements for the upperclassmen and Luna wasn't so thrilled to be the center of anyone's attention right now.

The sound of someone's footstep caught her off guard, she was hiding behind the rooftop door just in case Darius go searching for her on the rooftop. It would be easier for her to sneak out before he could even spot her, bracing herself to run away as soon the person walking to the stairs entered the door.

Please not be Darius, she chanted in her head. The person entered the door, it was a tall skinny guy, nothing like Darius Gregory's overly buff body. Flooded with relief, Luna stayed on her spot while finishing her lunch in silence. Her eyes watching the boy like it was the most normal thing to do, she was in school for a week and it was the very first time that someone else had come to the rooftop the same time as her.

The guy walked on the edge of the railings, his arms rested on the rusting iron. She could barely see his face with the hood covering his head, something about him doesn't seem right to her, and when the boy suddenly lift his feet into the railings, Luna was already running towards him at full speed. They were wrestling on the concrete floor before she could even think rationally.

"Are you crazy? Why would you even try to jump off here? Are you even thinking, you idiot!?" She was livid, her arms pinning the guy on the ground while she sat on his stomach. His blue orbs hiding beneath his thick glasses reflecting the blue skies watching over them.

"Hold on, who told you that I'm gonna jump?" His voice sounded so amused as he expertly pulled her hand away and gentle pushed her off him. It was too late when she realized just how shameless she had been with a guy that she just met.

"But you were stepping out of the railings! That's dangerous you moron!"

"You sure likes to call someone you just met with names aren't you miss?"

"Sorry not sorry, you scared the shit out of me you know,"

"I didn't even know someone was here though,"

"Yeah, surprise," she muttered sarcastically, the amused smile on his lips was still on. The guy looks normal to her, his pointed nose, pale lips and those eyes that looks sad and lifeless yet still shines brightly behind his glasses. He wasn't the hottest guy on campus but Luna finds him endearing in more ways than one.

The bell rang loudly, signaling the start of afternoon classes making her groaned in annoyance. Afternoon class with biology and history was her least favorite time of the day.

"You're not gonna jump are you? My conscience will haunt me forever if you do, you know," She muttered, throwing him a nasty look.

"I'm not, you should probably wiped that thing off your face before going back to class, Ms. Aggressive," He replied playfully, handing her a handkerchief from his pocket.

"Wiped what?" she asked cluelessly making the boy chuckled as he pulled the handkerchief from her hand and wiping the side of her face.

With one last shy smile on his face, she watched him walk away from her. He turned on his heels facing her again, one hand holding the door handle and the other one on his jeans pocket.

"I pray you, do not fall in love with me. For I am falser than vows made in wine," he said, his eyes hiding behind those thick glasses as he plastered a sad smile on his lips. The same smile that Luna saw earlier. Before she could respond to him, he was out of the rooftop door leaving a dumbfounded Luna as her brain processed what he just said. Luna spent the last four hours of class day dreaming about the guy she just met earlier, her embarrassment aside, the only regret that she has was not getting the guy's name and his class number.

The next day came in a blink of an eye, she was tired and sleepy thanks to her idea of browsing the school portal in hope to find the guy from yesterday but failed miserably.

"Who's that?" She asked Lexus as soon as they entered the room, someone was occupying the seat beside her.

"Oh, that's Toby. He was absent the entire week, it's you're first time meeting him. Be nice okay?" He replied casually as he went straight to his seat and started chatting with the guy named France.

"Trust me a little will you?" She retorted playfully as she slipped into her seat. The boy next to her didn't even move an inch. He was sleeping soundly while hiding his head under his hoody jacket.

"Hey," she leaned closer to him, hoping that the boy could hear her. Classes will start in a few minutes and Luna couldn't bear to see the boy being scolded later just because she failed to wake him up.

"Come on, sleepyhead, Mrs. Hemmings will be here in a min--" but her words were cut shorts when the boy turned his head towards her. Opening his eyes for her to see the brightest blue that Luna had ever seen. He was right next to her with his messy hair, in his half-asleep state that she couldn't help but stop and stare.

"Good morning to you too," and when he smiles sweetly at her, as if recognizing the mess that she was from yesterday, Luna knew that her school days will never be the same again. It was the second week of freshmen year when Luna Greene met the boy named Toby, little did she know how a single boy would change her world for the rest of her life.