Chapter 2

Luna entered the classroom gracefully, her classmates showering her with applause as she playfully took a bow with a satisfied grin on her face. Seeing the familiar faces of her classmates draining all the fatigue from dealing with Darius Gregory.

Sheldon High School adapted the Japanese system of ranking students based on their academic excellence, class assignment was designated through their grades and ranking. Luna being an average student had to go through the hell of fighting for her spot on class A, where most of her friends belongs to.

"Well, that was a good punch you got there my lady," France Shay Miller, one of her best friends welcomed her with open arms that Luna gladly took, having your friends away for school break was just terrible. France had to fly away to New York to see his parents.

"But of course, kind sir, I'm Luna Greene remember?"

"What a humble lady you are mademoiselle," he replied making the both of them to crack up at how silly they were.

"Babe!" Luna's grin widened with the sight of her other best friends, Alexus Matthew Peterson and Maria Athena Gale entering the classroom catching everyone's attention like always, all of her friends spent summer outside Oakwood, like France, Lexus spent his summer in Texas and Athena spent hers in Canada with his brother Artemis leaving Luna with her brother Caleb all summer in the couch of their house eating a lot and binge-watching Netflix.

"It feels good to be home," Lexus lifted her off the ground in no time making her shriek in panic as the rest of their classmates laughed at her.

"Lexus put me down!" Being an average 5'3, she can't really do much to his best friend who's very much gifted with 6'5 height and a body build like a pro wrestler that can easily beat you into a pulp.

"Lexus put her down you're making a scene," Athena pinching Lexus side as she let go of Luna in a hurry causing her to stumble on her feet, luckily for Luna that France was quick to catch her on time before she suffer from a bad fall because of her reckless friends.

"Are you trying to kill me!?"

"It was Athena's fault though,"

"Hey that's not fair,"

"Just shut up you two,"

"Aww, babe we love you too," the two of them chorus as they enveloped her into a group hug with France joining them. There's no denying the fact that she misses her best friends so much but there's someone she misses the most.

Sitting comfortably on the back of the room with his head buried on another book was the Drama Club President and the Secretary of the Student Council, her best friend and the love of her life, Tobias Amadeus Cooper.

"And she's gone again. Go on Luna, go to your baby, Athena and I will be just fine," Ignoring Lexus ranting as she walked towards the boy sitting on the back of the room, smiling at the sight of the vacant seat that was reserved for her next to him.

Luna stayed on his back not wanting to interrupt his reading, her favorite scent of his Allure Sports Cologne by Chanel that she's so obsessed with, the same cologne that was sitting on her bedside drawer thanks to her supportive brother. But nothing beats the scent of that cologne mixed with Toby's signature scent, for some reason, Toby always smells like disinfectant spray and she wasn't complaining one bit.

Leaning closer to him, Luna carefully removed one of his earpiece. He was too engrossed with his book to even noticed, the sound of State Champs welcoming her in not time. Toby was obsessed with State Champs.

"If I'm Juliet will you be my Romeo?" she whispered softly on his ears as she watches him dropping his book in panic. When Toby jerked his head in her direction, the tip of their noses faintly touched. The proximity was too much for Luna to handle, but she was determined not to avert her eyes away from him. Now that Toby was in front of her, with his thick glasses and her favorite blue eyes flashing brightly behind them, the previous three weeks felt like a dream.