Chapter 24

After all the festivities of the holidays come and go like a spring breeze, Luna finds herself stuck in a predicament that will change her whole life. First, Senior Prom will be held in a month, it was her first and last prom, an event that she was very much looking forward to. Second, Graduation Day was just around the corner, and lastly, the event that she's been dreading for ever since the start of Senior Year, college applications.

Students were buzzing like bees going in and out the guidance counselors and faculty room since the start of the week. Everyone was either busy preparing for SAT or sending applications to various colleges all over the globe, and little Miss not-so-sure-which-path-to-take was stuck on her own, pondering what do to about her future.

Caleb's applying for UCLA, Princeton and Standford. Lexus and France already applied for UCLA and University of San Diego; as far as Luna knew, Lexus did not want to go overseas for college even though he just received an offer from University of Oxford thanks to his uncle who was a faculty member in there. France was a different story, the boy was too lazy to find a school on his own, that's why he tagged along with Lexus. At least that was the story that the two of them came up with. Their little squirrel Athena applied for Parsons School of Design in New York and her dream school, London College of Fashion. Toby on the other hand was completely quiet about his college plans leaving all of them in the dark as usual.

"Lulu, what should I do?" It was the first weekend of the year, and the twins was stuck on their living room. Their parents decided to go on a holiday spree in Hawaii for a week, leaving the two of them alone.

"Do about what?" Caleb did not even throw her a glance; he was too engrossed with the movie that they were watching.

"College and stuffs," Luna replied with a sigh catching Caleb's attention enough for him to put the movie on hold.

"You still haven't figured out what you want?" She was thinking about it the entire break, but still haven't found what she was supposed to look for.

"How did you decided what you want to do after school?" It's been bothering her to the core, to think that everyone seems to figure out what they want to do after high school so easily, she never felt so envious of anyone before but sitting on their couch while dwelling about her pathetic existence, Luna was fighting the urge to cry her eyes out in frustration.

"Well to be honest, I'm applying for college not just for football but because of culinary arts. You know that I really want to be a chef more than a professional football player, right?" She nodded at that, it's not actually a big secret since their parents knew about Lulu's career plan too, "--I don't know, I guess it's just come to you and then you'll know what you want."

"I just don't get it, I'm not good with anything. I'm not artistic, sporty or even smart. I'm just plain, boring and normal student," she ranted, feeling hopeless and completely lost.

"That's not true. You are anything but normal,"

"Hey that's mean!" Caleb wrapped her on his arms with a toothy grin on his face as he played the movie again like it was the most normal thing to do after she poured her heart out for him to see.

The white ceiling staring back at her, just the thought of the career guidance talks with the counselor later that week was enough to damper her mood. Picking her phone, Luna heaved a sigh and waited for the other line to pick up her call.

"Hey Daddy,"

"Hey baby girl, how are you?"

"Stressing out, college and stuffs. Any advice old wise man?" She teased knowing that her dad can't be mad at her.