Chapter 8

"Hey babe, you okay there?" Lexus asked worriedly, Luna's been spacing out since they came into the rooftop. The glass of wine on her hand felt heavier by the second, it's past midnight and no one heard a single thing from Toby. No calls, no messages, nothing at all. Lexus tried checking with the receptionist, but no one had seen Toby leaving nor entering the place since they came back from their outdoor activity earlier.

"Yeah," Luna muttered halfheartedly, snatching the freshly refilled wine glasses on Lexus hands. Downing it like water as Lexus tried to stop her from taking any more drinks for the night.

"Slow down woman," He was pissed, the rest of the group returned with plates of snacks and a few glasses of drinks.

"What did Luna do this time?" France asked nonchalantly as he exchanged a knowing look with Lexus who was restraining Luna's hand from grabbing another glass of wine.

"She's going crazy, keep those glasses away from her,"

"I'm not! Lexus, let go!"

"Let my sister go, Lexus," Caleb looks annoyed as he snatched her sister away from Lexus. Luna did not say a word as she lowered her head away from Caleb's prying eyes. Acting up around Lexus was way better than being scolded by Caleb.

"You know you can't drink too much don't you?" He started, Luna could hear the annoyance in her brother's voice but grateful enough that he was still acting all calm and collected. The party was still in full swing, and no one seems to care too much about a bunch of teenagers huddled in the corner of the rooftop.

"This wouldn't work, go back to your room first. If Toby's still not there, we'll search for him, what do you say?" Luna knew how annoyed her brother was, but deep down, Caleb only wants to ease her worries in any way that he can. 

"Will you be alright without me here?" she muttered anxiously, Athena throwing her a knowing look telling her to get the hell out of there now before she dragged her out of the rooftop back to her room.

"Trust me babe, we will be just fine," France assured her, pushing her lightly towards the exit.

"Bu—"

"Just go," Lexus insisted, as much as she hated to be a downer, her mind wouldn't be at ease until she sees Toby. Kissing her friends and brother goodnight, she hurried back to their room.

The elevator ride back to their floor was painfully slow that she was itching to take the stairs instead but decided against it. As much as she was in a hurry, Luna was adamant not to put a strain on her newly bought Chanel boots. When the elevator door opened on their floor, Luna was rushing out back to their room before the door even closed behind her. Inserting her keys and opening the door in haste; the room was dark, the AC still off and there he was, the boy that was making her all worried and bothered all night, sleeping peacefully on his bed.

"Idiot," Luna mumbled begrudgingly as she makes her way to Toby's bed. Tobias Cooper had always been an enigma that she can't seem to stop getting dragged into, and now, seeing him drench in sweat and burning fever, Luna knew exactly why she can't stop worrying about him. Toby hides his pain expertly; it was something that she had learned for the last three years that she knew him, and she felt stupid enough not to notice just how much pain he had been hiding from everyone. Luna put herself first and cared too much about saving her face from embarrassment of what she'd done last night and hiding from him all day.

"You really like making me worry about you aren't you Cooper?" She mumbled softly, brushing the hair that's been covering his forehead, and use her handkerchief to wipe away the sweats on his face.