Chapter 31

Just when Luna thought that asking Toby out on a date was hard enough, planning for their actual date was a lot harder that she ever expected. Chester, his brother's teammates was the only person that she ever went out for a date, the boy asked her out twice to be precise, but with Toby, it was the complete opposite. Racking her brain for memories of her first date, Luna was so sure that they went to an amusement park.  But with Toby's personality, the amusement park was definitely off limits. He's not adventurous and given the fact that he's sick doesn't help at all. She has to consider a place that was infection, bruises, or bleeding-free.

Luna already got permission from Toby's doctor, with the condition of bringing Toby back to the hospital before the ten, Tyra also gave her permission, and of course her family agreed without much of a fight. 

"Calm down Luna! You still have five hours til your date," Athena was lying lazily on her bed, she was having fun in seeing her going out of her mind for hours. 

"Calm down!? Athena Gale, how can I calm down when I don't even have a plan for our date? Oh my god this is insane,"

"Babe in case you haven't notice yet, you're actually insane for asking him on a date in the first place without a plan," 

"I really appreciate your help Babe," Luna retorted sarcastically, Athena who was more than immune to her remarks remained unfazed as she started scrolling back on her phone. 

"Where's Lexus and France when I needed them?" she mumbled defeatedly, Lexus and France can do more help than her and Athena's effort combined. And of all times for them to go MIA, it has to be on the day of her first date with Toby. 

Luna's phone vibrating on her bed interrupting her thoughts, she settled next to Athena's lying figure, answering the phone without even looking at the caller ID.

"Yes?" 

"Hello to you too my beautiful best friend, can't you answer your phone like normal people does?" Speaking of the devil, it's Lexus! 

"Just the person that I'm looking for! Babe, I need help now, where are you?"

"Well, I figured that out already cause knowing how impulsive you are, I'm not even surprised than you don't have a plan where to take our hot nerd! But of course, France and I got your back," Ignoring his not-so-subtle insults and self-satisfactory speech, Luna listened attentively, knowing that the two will come and save the day before she could even ask them to. 

"Babe, you know that I love you right? Now stop with the suspense and spill it already! I still need to prepare my outfit and everything!" 

"Yeah, France and I already set the place for you and Toby just make sure not to wear heels and dress! I'll text you the details. Bye love you!"  Lexus ended the call before she could even protest, leaving a confused Luna to process what just happened. First, Lexus and France really did handle her biggest dilemma, finding a place for her date with Toby. Second, Lexus specifically said not to wear a heel and a dress, crossing out a formal dinner out of the list. Whether she likes the idea or not, Luna had no choice but to comply. And lastly, she has at least four hours to get prepare and get things done. 

"You okay babe?" Athena asked curiously, if someone can do the job of dressing her up better than Lexus and France, the little squirrel lying on her bed was the perfect girl for the job.

"Athena Babe, you're playing dress up with me," Plastering a wicked grin on their faces, the girls rummaging into her closet in no time. 

After almost three hours of fighting with Athena, they ended up with a dark skinny jean, a beige knitted sweater and a pair of Dr. Martins Quad Chelsea Leather Ankle Boots in black. Athena put her hair into a crown braid, leaving her exposed neck in display. She was wearing light make-up for the night, taking out two extra scarves out of her closet in case Toby got cold while they were out, Luna was now ready to go.