Chapter 1

Senior year: like the leaves falling out of a tree, waiting for spring to arrive. The end of a journey and a start of another adventure that awaits the students of Sheldon High School. A year filled with thousands of memories, hope, and misery that might or might not forever alter someone's course in life.

Luna Eliana Greene, the epitome of High School sweetheart, the girl-next door that everyone was talking about. In a small town of Oakwood, everyone knew her, from the way she carries and dressed up herself, to the way she walks and talk, Luna catches attention wherever she goes.

"Gorgeous," she exclaimed, watching herself in front of the mirror with her lips painted with the newest MAC lipstick from the Summer Collection Lip Line in the shade of Studded Kiss; a dark oxblood red complementing her white features perfectly. Her petite figure wrapped in a tight beige Forever21 tank top and a pair of white skinny jeans.

Glancing at her wall clock, school starts at eight and she barely have twenty minutes to spare. Putting all her things inside her small Celine backpack, she was ready to slay the day.

"You took forever to get ready Luna, were gonna be late ugh!" Luna can't help but grin at her twin brother who dress up effortlessly with his football shirt with a huge Bulldog printed on it, a pair of khaki pants and was looking impatiently waiting for her.

"Lulu, you dress up nicely too," Ignoring his eyes rolling at her, Luna started running down the stairs with Caleb following her reluctantly.

Caleb Louise Greene was Luna's younger twin brother. The Greene twins were born a minute apart from each other, and even though Caleb was younger than her, he still was more responsible and mature than Luna in everything.

"Where's mom?"

"In her room, the event ended late last night; she came home around two in the morning," Their parents were always out somewhere working and not seeing them for days were a norm inside their house.

"Did you call dad last night?" Luna was busy eating her breakfast that Caleb prepared; waffle and egg toast for her, protein shake and two boiled eggs for him.

"I did, Dad said he'll be home this weekend after the shoot ended," Their father works as a movie director in Hollywood while their mother owns a few restaurants in town.

"Can you stop looking at the mirror? You've been at it since we left the house,"

"Can you please stop being such a meanie Lulu? I'm nervous in here you know!"

"What are you so nervous of?"

"Oh, I don't know? Maybe because he's gonna be there and I don't want to look like an idiot in the first day of our senior class?" Luna did not care about other people perception of her, but inside the grounds of Sheldon High School, there was someone who she wants to badly impress and noticed her.

"Is Toby some sort of idiot? You've been throwing yourself at him since freshmen year and still no progress for the both of you," Caleb was way too honest and straightforward that Luna can't help but wonder who the heck did her brother got his attitude from.

"He's not! It's just that Toby prefers books than me, and what was so wrong with that?" The downside of falling for a certified bookworm like Toby was the highlight of her entire High School life, sure it was more of a one-sided crush, but Luna didn't care. Toby gave her a kind of happiness that she didn't even know possible to exist until he came to her life.

"Yeah, sure. Anyway, I know someone who will very much appreciate that effort though," Luna knew that teasing glances of his, and just the mere thought of seeing Darius Gregory face today ruining her mood in an instant.