Chapter 21

The two of them stayed in the school clinic for the rest of the day, Toby's face looked unrecognizable with all the bruises on his jaw, busted lips and a visible cut on his left eye. If Lexus did not come on time, it could have been worse than that.

"Luna?"

"Hmmm?"

"Are you okay?"

"You're the one who got hurt and you're asking me if I'm okay? Are you a masochist or something Cooper?" Luna gets up from the bed next to Toby's, the nurse advised her to stayed with him since there will be a faculty meeting because of what happened. Worst come to worst, either Lexus or Darius would be suspended. Luna could care less about Darius but Lexus taking the blame would be a different story.  

With a frustrated sigh, Luna turned to face Toby, who was lying on the bed beside her with one arm covering his eyes. The sight of his busted lips and bruised jaws making her frown, Luna found herself next to him in no time, occupying the empty space on his bed and waited for him to say another word.

"I'm sorry that you got hurt because of me Cooper," she mumbled softly hoping that it was loud enough for him to hear.

"It's nothing," His soft and calm voiced filled the spaces between them, Luna couldn't even fathom that Toby's birthday would turn out this way. Her plan was completely ruined and now, Toby was hurt too.

"I-" Toby rosed up from his bed, pulling her closer to him effortlessly, his arms find its way to her waist, the warmth of his hands radiating into every ounce of her being in no time leaving her completely breathless and bewildered.

"Come to think of it, would you be too kind to give me a reward for saving you Miss Greene?" Her favorite shade of blue was looking at her intently, melting her into a million pieces at the palm of his hands. His ragged breathing fanning the tip of her nose as he leaned a little closer enough for their nose to touch, fighting the urge to press her lips on him before she could think about anything else. As if realizing her internal struggle, Toby pulled a familiar naughty smirk that sents her body on flame.

"Breath Miss Greene," He mumbled flickering her forehead and shattering all her internal rampage because of Tobias Cooper.

"What was that for!?" Luna whined, throwing a playful glare towards him.

"Nothing," He smiled brightly and despite all the nasty bruises on his face, Toby still looked so happy that made her smile knowing that today, those smiles were because of her.

Luna left Toby at the school clinic before the school bells ring and went straight to the rooftop with the box of cakes that she spent the whole weekend making. Sending him a quick message and putting her phone back to her bag, before Toby came for her little surprised.

To Toby The Great: Come to the rooftop now, I need help!

A few minutes later, the rooftop door slammed on the concrete wall with a loud thud, catching her completely off guard at the sight of Toby's looking disheveled as he crossed the distance between them in a heartbeat.

"What happened? Are you okay!?" Toby asked frantically, scanning her from head to toe, the boy looks so worried that Luna could barely grasped what was going on.

"Toby? Did you run all the way here?"

"You told me you needed help! I panicked and ran straight here. Are you okay? Did something happen?"

"Ahh my message, I'm sorry about that I never thought you'll react this way," she smiled sheepishly making Toby groan, closing her eyes and pinching his nose probably trying his hardest not to wring her neck for their miscommunication, but at least he got him where she wanted him to be.