Chapter 12

The annual Sheldon's School Festival, a week-long celebration of the school's founding day, takes place every year in the middle of October. Needless to say, that it was one of Luna's favorite celebrations, there will be no classes for an entire week since majority of the students will have to prepare for the school fair and showcase.

"Good morning!" Luna beamed happily, entering the student council room with a wide grin plastered on her face.

"Good morning beautiful, you look so happy today," she grinned at Shayne whose arms were now placed on her waist as he enveloped her into a bear hug. Shayne Holland, the Finance Manager of the student council, a junior and one of the few friends that she got outside her inner circle which consisted of her three best friends and Toby.

"Of course, she's happy, a week without classes is coming," France chimed in a sing-song voice causing everyone to crack up. France, the VP of Finance and Shayne's superior.

"You know me too well babe, anyway anything that I should look forward to?"

"Oh, you have a lot to look forward to. I swear the showcase will blow your mind this year!" Shayne was way too enthusiastic about it enough to make her all curious. The showcase was the most awaited performance of the year, but after last year performance courtesy of Darius Gregory and the rest of the football team, she wasn't so sure about it anymore. The boy did traumatize her in more ways than one.

"Why are you here Luna Eliana?" Jerking her head on the sound of Lexus familiar voice, he was standing behind her, arms crossed in his tight fit uniform. He was wearing his glasses, a sight that Luna cannot get used to. Lexus in glasses was just aesthetically beautiful in her eyes.

"Babe! I'm here to see my favorite best friend!" Luna jumped into his arms, catching Lexus completely off guard.

"You're such a liar Luna," Lexus pinched the tip of her nose as he put her back down.

"Where's my Toby?" Luna leisurely scanned the student council room, no one seems to mind that she was here anyway. They were so used to her presence by now, not that she cared that much when her eyes were busy looking for her favorite jet-black hair and warm blue eyes.

"He went out with Amelia; they're checking the booth applications. Now you may leave cause your Toby's not here,"

"Who's Amelia?" Luna knew everyone inside the council room, and she was so sure that there was no such person around since her last visit a few days ago.

"I can't believe that's the only thing that you've got from what I've told you!"

"Lexus answer me now!"

"A volunteer from the freshmen. Happy now?"

"And why did you sent Toby to do such a tedious job!? What if he got sick again? Alexus Matthew Peterson!" Luna looked at him innocently, as if she wasn't aware about how much Lexus was trying his best not to wring her neck. He had been busy for the last few days because of the festival, but pissing Lexus was just as fun as pissing people around her for no good reason.

"I didn't send him out, he volunteered!"

"Why would he even volunteer for that? And why was he with a freshman?"

"Lu-"

"Just why!?"

"Luna I'm not Toby, okay? If you're worried about him then get your ass off here and find him! Now, get out!" Lexus snapped; he was pissed enough to raise his voice at her. Everyone was looking at them uncontrollably, Luna lowered her head, clearly upset and hurt that Lexus dare to raise his voice when he was well aware that she hated being yelled at.

"Fine. I'm leaving no need to be a bitch!" She turned on her heels and sprinted to the door, annoyed and wanting to choke Lexus for yelling at her.

One

Two

Three

"I'm sorry," Lexus arms caught her by the waist before she could even reach the door. Luna knew Lexus a little too well, he couldn't stay mad at her, and neither was she. It was one of the reasons why they never fought hard ever since they were kids.

"It's fine. I know you're busy and I'm sorry for bugging you," Luna can be childish at times, the fact that she was bugging Lexus was simply because she misses him dearly.

"But still, I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm sorry Babe," he kissed the top of her head making Luna smile as Lexus literally swept her off her feet, carrying her back to the chair that he was occupying earlier.

"Are you guys filming a movie or something?" France teased but the both of them ignored him as they settled to their seats.

"Behave and wait for Toby to come back you hear me, Eliana?" Luna nodded; Lexus handed him his iPad to use while the rest of the student council returned to their chores not wanting to be caught in Luna's mood swing while she waited for Toby's returned.

An hour and a half later, Toby came back looking all worn out. But that was the least of her concern seeing the blonde girl clinging casually in his arms when they entered the council room.

"Luna don't make a fuss about it," Lexus mumbled, already knowing the thoughts playing on her head.

As if sensing her glare, Toby's eyes landed on her; Luna was watching him carefully and the not-so-subtle way that he snatched his arms away from the blonde that was still standing on the same space as him.

"Toby, what's wrong?" the blonde girl asked, but Toby quickly moved away from her and headed straight to their direction without giving her an answer.

"Took you quite long," Luna mumbled loud enough for him to hear, but Toby ignored her completely.

"Here's the complete list of participating booths Pres," he handed Lexus a black clear book and occupying the empty seat next to Lexus who seems uncomfortable to be sitting in between them.

Luna noticed the blonde girl walking in their direction, and the next thing she knows was the blonde girl occupying the seat next to Toby. The long table on the middle of the room seems crowded now more than ever.

"Amelia, good work today," Lexus said while scanning the file on his hand.

"It's all on Toby Pres, he did all the works for today," Amelia replied happily, giving a sweet smile towards Toby that didn't went unnoticed by Luna's piercing gaze.

"So, what did you do then?" Luna asked coldly catching everyone's attention. Lexus throwing her a warning look, but Luna was too busy eyeing the poor blonde sitting cozily next to the man that she was in love with. How can someone expect her to calm down?

"Well, he said I can just watch him do the works right Toby?" Amelia's grin widened as she looks dreamily at Toby who was desperately avoiding Luna's gaze.

"Right Toby?" She mimicked emphasizing his name.

"Lun—"

"So, Toby did you had fun with Amelia huh?" She knows that she's being petty, but Luna didn't really care, it wasn't the first time that someone shows interest in Toby. The boy was smart, mysterious and good looking even with his glasses on, who can blame Amelia for falling for his charms?

Silence enveloped the whole room, Amelia's fate depended heavily on Toby's answer and everyone in the room was well aware of that. Luna's reputation wasn't all that good anyway, she has a way of ruining someone's high school days if she wanted to. Especially if that someone was flirting boldly with what she considered was hers.

"No," Toby answered nonchalantly, completely ignoring Amelia who looks like she was about to cry next to him. Luna stood up from her seat, she was ready to step out of the room with a triumphant look on her face. But not before giving the poor freshmen a warning.

"Stay away from what's mine," she mumbled to Amelia's ears and gracefully went out of the room of the student council back to her classroom.