Chapter 15

"Luna, will you be my girlfriend?"

Darius kneels on the ground; his arms stretch with the bouquet of red roses that infuriates every fiber of her being. Luna knew what the man was doing was anything was sincere; it wasn't the first time that Darius made a fool of himself just to keep her within the grasp of his hands. Gathering her strength, Luna stood up and looked him straight in the eyes. The way he scanned her body with those filthy eyes didn't go unnoticed, everything about him disgusted her.

"Stop this nonsense, Gregory, you already knew my answer," Luna walked away from him before her fear would creep into the surface and satisfy the beast acting like a docile animal for everyone to see.

"Lu—"

"I'm saying this once and for all. I will never be your girlfriend, Gregory, not in a million years," Luna could feel her body trembling from her sudden outburst leaving everyone in shock. Finding the stairs that would leave him back downstairs was harder than she thought it would be, the gym was too dark for her to see a thing.

"Move," She muttered angrily at the two students who blocked her way, the growing lump in her throat was making it harder for her to speak another word, too afraid that her voice would break in front of them.

"The captain will kill us if we let yo--,"

"She said move, so you better move, or I'll break someone's face tonight" Luna smiled weakly in recognition. Lexus came to save her like she always does, along with Shayne and France who was intimidating enough to scare Darius minions. 

Seeing the three of them was all it took for her knees to give out, Luna's been acting strong for all this time, not wanting Darius to get the satisfaction of seeing her break in front of him. Lexus catches her before she falls on the floor for the crowd to see how weak and vulnerable, she was. He hid her in his huge arms as tears escaped her eyes.

"You're okay, I'm here now. No one's gonna hurt you," Lexus whispered in her ears making her grip tightened, not wanting to let him go, too afraid that Darius Gregory would touch her again. Lexus carries her out of the stage, the muffled sound from the crowd echoing through her ears, but she's too weak and numb to listen and care about the rest of them, she just wanted to go home and forget everything that includes Darius Gregory.

Lexus put her down on a chair inside a vacant room and handed her a bottle of water.

"Did he do anything?" He asked worriedly, she shook her head slowly trying to ease his anxiety.

"I shouldn't have let you out of my sight, I'm sorry babe," 

"Don't be sorry babe, you came just in time you know. Thank you for saving the day as always," Luna mumbled in a voice that she could barely recognized; Lexus looked at her with pain his eyes, wiping her tear-stained cheeks and holding her protectively in his arms.

The hell that Darius Gregory had brought into her life started when they were in Middle School, Darius approached her outside the female comfort room one afternoon. The devil in sheep clothing that he was started kissing her aggressively rendering her helpless as she tried to push his big physique, Luna felt powerless in his arms that was gripping her tightly as she tried her hardest to scream for help. 

Thankfully Lexus came and saved her before Darius could do something that will ruin her the rest of her life. Lexus beat him up enough to permanently misaligned his nose bridge, Darius got away with just that while Lexus suffered multiple complains and was suspended for half a month. No one knows about what happened except the three of them, Lexus refused to tell the teachers about the incident because he knows that Darius can manipulate them since his father was the principal during those time. So, they hid the truth to everyone, not even Caleb knew about it. Ever since that day, Darius started chasing her like a puppy, but Lexus and Luna knew what he wanted. Lexus becomes extra protective of her when it comes to Darius.

"Come with me. The final act will be starting soon," she nodded as Lexus lead her back to the gym but this time her seat was now occupied with Athena and the rest of the student council.

"Are you okay babe?" Athena asked worriedly as she wrapped her arms around her, Luna just gave him a small smile sitting back on her seat.

"Stay where I can see you. It will be just three songs and I'll be back, okay?" She nodded at Lexus, giving her another forehead kiss. He talked to the rest of the people around them in a hushed voice and disappear after a few minutes to prepare for the show. 

The room was still a bit dark since the crew was setting the instruments on stage. Luna rested her head on Athena's shoulder as she rubbed circles on her hand, trying to calm her down. She wanted to go home now, but she wants to finish the showcase, her last showcase.

"Are you still up Sheldonian!?" The emcee asked cheerfully, everyone seems to be in high spirit for the much-awaited performance of the Student Council as everyone answered loudly.

"Now, for the final and main act of this year, Sheldon Fest will be our very own Student council!" Everyone was so hyped up knowing that it was the first time in a while that the Student Council took the final act of the night, usually someone from the athletic circle take on the role.

Luna doesn't have a clue about what's going to happen since Lexus didn't tell her anything. All she knew was they're doing a band performance tonight.

"Sheldonian let's welcome them with a big round of applause! Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Moonlight!"

The lights went out again, and the sound of the drums made everyone go wild. Suddenly the lights on the stage went on and Luna stood up in complete shock when she saw the line up of the so-called Moonlight band.

"No freaking way," she gasped in surprise, not believing the sight that was now in front of her as Athena pulled her back to her seat.

"Yes, way Luna babe!" She heard her say but her attention was on the stage. Lexus playing the drums winked at her, France on bass, Seth--the auditor--holding another bass guitar, and Tobias Cooper on the center, holding another guitar. His eyes lingering on her as he strums the guitar and sing the first verse of All Time Low's Dear Maria, Count Me In.

His voice filling the room in no time, as she stared at him with pure admiration. Toby's glasses slipping off his nose, but he doesn't seems to care, his hair was styled in a messy way, the sweat dripping on the side of his face and the way that a small smile tugged on the corner of his lips every time he utter the lyrics of the song, everything about him was breathtakingly beautiful that Luna could only stood there and watched him have fun on the stage.

France, Sean and Toby did a synchronized jump with a triumphant grin on their handsome faces before the song came to an end that sent the crowd in a frenzy.