Chapter 35

The huge Hollywood wooden sign illuminated the entrance of what once was Sheldon's open field; it was a vacant field that would be the site for the proposed new building to be constructed the following year. The strings of light decorating the dark sky like stars twinkling above them. To think that they would transform the entire field into an outdoor banquet truly exceeded everyone's expectations, the student council surely did a fantastic job at that.

A white van arrived at the entrance a little before seven in the evening, the program would start in fifteen minutes, the five of them sat comfortably inside the van, checking themselves for the last time before they graced the prom with their presence.

France walked out of the car first; he was wearing a dark green ensemble with a white inner that was left unbuttoned enough for anyone to see a glimpse of his chiseled chest. Lexus followed closely, who opted for a classic black tuxedo that clings tightly to his perfectly toned body, the girls waiting outside the venue shamelessly gawking at them, not that the two of them seem to mind at all.

"They were surely loving the attention," Athena mumbled as she stepped out of the car, Lexus and France escorting her on each side, she was wearing one of Luna's five inches heels that scared her to death just from watching her walking with it, hoping that Athena will be just fine until the night ends. The sight of the three outside the car was enough to make every head turn their way.

Luna smiled fondly at them, Athena decided not to have any partner for the night, after a week of being harassed by people asking her out for the prom. Athena was so done with everyone; France and Lexus were too busy with prom preparation to even think about finding a partner, and that's how the three of them ended up with each other.

"Are you ready?" Toby whispered to her ears, his breath tickling her slightly. He was wearing a white ensemble, matching her ivory gown. Toby decided to completely cut his hair off yesterday, leaving her in tears for hours after he sent her the photo of him smiling brightly with his new haircut on display. He still looks perfect in her eyes, and no one can tell her otherwise.

"You look perfect Cooper," she mumbled, stealing a quick kiss on his lips that caught him off guard.

"How about we forget about the prom and stay here Miss Greene?" he asked playfully, wiggling his brows suggestively that made her laugh.

"Come on, Lexus looks like he was about to knock on the door any minute now," Toby groaned, letting her go and stealing another kiss before guiding her out of the car.

"Please don't make out inside the car," Athena teased, throwing her a playful wink, Luna could feel her cheeks burning from her friend's knowing look.

"Stop teasing her Athena," Toby pulled her closer to him, placing his hands on her waist, earning a series of protests from the three of them. The five of them get lost in their own world, oblivious to the people looking confusedly at them.

"You are so beautiful Miss Greene," Toby whispered to her ears, making her blush again as they entered the venue in order. France and Lexus held Athena as they strolled inside, Toby and Luna followed closely.

"Wow," Luna gasped in awe, the place was covered in string lights and lanterns illuminating the entire place. The makeshift stage was decorated with white sheets and floral ensembles. The venue looks so magical. Tables were assigned according to their classes, with Class A occupying the front along with the Student Council and faculty members.

"This is gorgeous," Athena mumbled loud enough for her to hear. Lexus and France look so satisfied with the results of their efforts.

After taking a few photos of the huge Hollywood sign near the entrance, FATAL settled in on the designated seat near the front of the stage. Leave it to Lexus to provide them with the best view of the entire program, they were sharing a table with the rest of the Student Council who were now happily chatting with Toby.

The program commences without delay, the principal gave his usual long and dreadful speech that they had to endure for the last fifteen minutes. Followed by an intermission number from the dance troupe, the crowd erupted into a joyous glee, livening up the night successfully.

The live band serenading everyone with romantic songs as the students started pouring into the dance floor with their partners.

"Let's go Francine, let's make the dance floor on fire," Athena beamed, pulling France away from the drinks that the waiter placed on their table.

"Oh God, prayed for my poor little toes," France mumbled in defeat as he let himself be dragged by Athena into the dance floor. Their presence alone catching everyone's attention that made the three snickered proudly at the sight of them.

"That's my cue to leave, go on lovebirds, don't mind the little old me," Lexus left their table, eyeing them playfully as he made his way to the stage, leaving the two of them alone. And as if on cue, Toby raised from his seat, offering his hands for her to hold.

"Would you do me the honor of dancing with you milady?" His words muffling the rest of the noise surrounding them as he stands before her with his shy smile and determined eyes hiding behind the thick set of lenses resting on the bridge of his nose.

"The honor is mine, kind sir," Luna accepted his hand eagerly, following his lead as they make their way into the center of the crowd, ignoring the curious and baffled look from everyone else. How can she even care about anyone else, when Toby's presence was enough to drown the rest of the world surrounding her?

The two of them dancing to the tune of Earned It by The Weekend, her hands caressing the back of his head gently as he rested his hands firmly on her waist.

"How are you feeling Cooper?" she asked breaking the silence between them. His unwavering gaze made her heart flutter effortlessly, wondering what was running on his mind when he looked at her like she was the only thing that those warm blue eyes could see.

"More than fine Miss Greene," Toby mumbled, resting his forehead on hers as they moved slowly matching the slow rhythm of the song playing in the background.

"You have no idea how captivating you are don't you?" His burning gaze ignited the flame inside of her that burned solely for him while the words that he spoke added fuel to the fire wondering if the boy knew just how much she wanted to pull him headfirst and kiss him senselessly for everyone to see.

"Where did that come from?" Luna replied softly, chasing his ragged breathing that was fanning her flushed cheeks. Toby did not say another word, as she finds herself enveloped into his arms once again, praying that the night would be long enough for her to savor every moment of her dancing with him. The song changes, but none of them was willing to let the other go yet.

"Oh right, I have a surprise for you," Luna pulled herself away from his chest, creating a small distance between them, the slight frown on his face didn't go unnoticed by her wondering just how clingy Tobias Cooper could be.

"What surprise?"

"We're going to see State Champs tomorrow," she replied casually, watching how his warm blue eyes lit up at her words. A soft gasped escaping his lips as he stared wildly at her.

"Are you kidding me?" He was grinning like a fool that made her heart flutter in joy, his smile was so precious that she could only hope for her eyes to do justice in capturing the look on his face.

"Surprise Cooper," the words left her lips in a heartbeat, only to be reciprocated by his soft and tender kisses sucking the air out of her lungs without a warning, leaving her breathless as she clings onto him like her entire existence depended on it.

Maybe it was the band serenading the crowd in a tune that synced perfectly with the loud beating of her heart, or their lips chasing each other's warmth under the starless sky, but in that moment of pure bliss, Luna finds comfort in knowing that Toby was here next to her. In a world full of noise, he was the peace that her heart was longing for, her home in human form. He was the boy who fell in love with the moon, and she was the moon who chased after the boy. A story so beautiful, sweet, and a little tragic.

A/N: To @EmethAimer, I appreciate you. Thank you for reading ;)