Chapter 26

The next two weeks came and passed by in a painfully slowed manner, and Tobias Cooper never showed up to class again. Luna's been in a depressing state ever since, and not even any of his friends knew what to do. She kept on asking around for Toby's address but not a single person knew where Toby lived. The teachers only told her that Toby rundown with the flu, but she knew better than that. Luna knew that something was wrong but can't seem to know what it was.

All her attempts to contact him were futile, Toby's phone was constantly off, and on the rare occasions that it wasn't, the calls were being rejected as well.

"Here, you look so depressed Babe," Lexus handed her a can of coke as he settled down next to her, it was lunch time and the cafeteria felt lonelier now that Toby wasn't around as Luna kept her gaze at the empty seat next to her. Wondering when she will be able to see Toby again.

"Luna he's fine don't worry too much" France patted her head in an attempt to console her. Athena sat in front of her, giving her hand a light squeeze hoping that she will be alright. It was not like they never searched for Toby, earlier that week, the rest of them went on a hunt to find him but the address from his file that Lexus managed to sneak out from the faculty room seems to be an old one. The new owner of the house moved in last year and didn't know a thing about Toby or his family.

School ended slowly and when the final bell rang, Luna went straight to Lexus's car, too eager to be in her room to drown herself in sadness. She sent him another message, praying and hoping that Toby would reply.

To Tobias the Great: When will you be back? School's boring without you here.

Tobias the Great is typing ...

From Tobias the Great: Missing me already aren't we Miss Grumpy?

To Tobias the Great: Yeah, I'm missing you a lot! Come back to school now or I'll eat your secret stash of Sour Patch on your desk!

Tobias the Great is typing ...

From Tobias the Great: Don't you dare Miss Greene.

To Tobias the Great: Are you okay? I'm worried.

Tobias the Great is typing ...

To Tobias the Great: Cooper?

Tobias the Great is typing ...

To Tobias the Great: Come back to school already ...

Tobias the Great is typing ...

5 minutes

Tobias the Great is typing ...

10 minutes

Tobias the Great is typing ...

20 minutes

Tobias the Great is offline.

Tears started falling off her eyes as she waited for Toby's reply. Wondering if he was alright, wondering what was happening to him on that very moment, and as the train of thoughts kept on coming to her head, Luna felt more and more restless and anxious.

She tried dialing his number, but the call went straight to voicemail again.

"Where are you, Toby?" she mumbled like a silent plea in the darkness of the night. The last few weeks was a complete hell without Toby's presence, something that she wasn't used to.

The door to her room suddenly opened, which caught her by surprise, her tear-stained face was quite a sight to see but Caleb seems to be more worried than horrified to see her in that state. Without wasting any time, Luna ran straight to his arms causing him to stumble a little.