Chapter 37

The loud music coming inside the Observatory of Santa Ana, California welcomed Luna and Toby as soon as they stepped out of her car. The smile on Toby's face was too precious and completely priceless, he looked like a child on Christmas day, with lips stretched out into the widest smile that she'd ever seen on his face. Her heart swelling with joy, knowing that for a moment, Toby was the happiest person on earth.

"This is not a dream, right?" he asked, burying his face on the crook of her neck as his arms find its way to her waist, pulling her into the comfort of his embrace.

"Don't know babe, it feels real to me though," she could feel the soft laughter reverberating from him to her, the sound of his laughter making her inside somersaulting in the nicest way that only Toby could do to her. The boy planting a chaste kiss on her expose skin before the warmth of his body pressed on her left without much of a notice.

Toby asked someone to take a photo of them, loving every moment of sealing their memories into a piece of photograph that she vowed to keep until she's old and gray. And with their hands intertwined, they entered the arena, taking everything that their eyes could see. The long lines on every corner and the joyous atmosphere welcoming them as fellow concert enthusiast filled the venue in no time.

Lucky for her for having a famous dad who personally knew the venue owner, they were given the VVIP treatment and was sent to small, barricaded space on the center of the crowd next to the official videographer and the crew of the artist performing on stage. Toby was beaming next to her, swaying their entwined hand like a kid, the traces of the shy boy sitting next to her at class was long gone, not that she hated either side of him anyway.

While Toby was busy looking around the venue and singing along with the recorded song blasting on the speaker, Luna noted all the things that she needed just in case something happened. The paramedic was waiting just outside the venue, Dr. Morris made the arrangements in advance and even go as far as preparing for an ambulance if the need arise which she was desperately hoping not would be the case, at least for tonight.

"Are you excited?" She asked, hoping that Toby would be fine the entire show, her anxious mind syncing perfectly with the noise in the crowd, dampening her mood that she was desperately trying to hide from him.

"I'm ecstatic!" Toby beamed loudly, his voice piercing into her annoying head like a struck of lightning, loud enough to shut the voice out as the sound of the song on the stereo taking over her pessimistic thoughts. As if knowing the gravity of her thoughts, Toby leaned down on her, capturing her completely in the taste of his loving and reassuring kisses, telling her to let go of everything and just live in the ecstasy of the moment, and so she did. The light went out and the rest of the world erupted into complete chaos as the drums started playing on stage signaling the start of the show.

An hour had passed and Toby's getting more excited knowing that it will be State Champs turned to play on stage. And as the lights turned off again for god knows how many times that night, Toby's grip tightens on her wrist, finding it funny how excited the boy was in seeing his favorite band onstage. He looked so carefree and alive.

"I'm a realist and an optimist, but I swear to you I'm not getting over this!" Derek Sanders, the vocalist of State Champs' voice made the crowd go wild and Toby and Luna weren't an exception as they sang along and cheered with the band as if their life depended heavily on it. Her heart beating loudly in her chest, both from seeing their favorite band with the boy that she's in love with and a silent plea from the bottom of her heart, praying that it wouldn't be the last time that Luna and Toby will be going into the concert scene.

They sang along with every song from State Champs, they kissed, screamed, and being just two teenagers having the time of their life. Hoping that some nights can last forever.