Chapter 44 | "You can't seriously be mad at me, Ivory."

Jameson and I were back in his car after the time spent on the beach. We had played in the water for longer than we realized because it was almost ten-thirty when we got back to the car. I had put my dress back on and now Jameson had a hand in between my thighs, his thumb working to rub at the skin on my inner thigh.

He had a soft smile on his face as he continued to drive me home and I tried not to squirm at the way his hand in between my thighs felt. It felt more sacred, like Jameson was trying to make me feel something else entirely. Only he wasn't— he was just driving. He just happened to like his hand here and I was trying my hardest to not let my stomach continue to do backflips.

"Did you like the night?", my boyfriend asks when we stop at a red light. He is looking at me with a smile on his face and I smile as well. "The best date I've ever been on", I confirm to him and his smile widens.

"I'm glad", he whispers and then starts to drive again. He glances at me again and says, "I liked taking you out, Ivory. We should go out more often."

"As much as I like sitting on my couch and watching movies, I agree. We should go out more", I say with a smile. He smiles at my answer and I place my hand on his hand. He frowns, "I was working at something."

"What? Trying to make me want to jump into on going traffic?", I ask when he complains about me moving away his hand on my thigh.

"I was just testing when my hand becomes too much for you", he whispers and I shake my head. "Baby, that was too much."

"Really? I could've tried something else", he says with a large grin now, mischief probably in his eyes but he was looking at the road.

"While driving?", I squeak out and he laughs, the sound of it making me lean in to hear him more. I liked this, I liked us talking in the quiet of his car, no music around. Just the two of us.

Jameson pulls into my driveway and the locks for the door click open. He opens his door and I say, "What are you doing?"

He turns back to me,"First date. I have to drop off the girl at the doorstep with a kiss."

"How old-fashioned of you", I say and he nods. "Stay right here", he instructs and then I watch as he gets out of the car and walks toward my door. I giggle when he pulls the door open and walks closer to me. I place my legs out and say, "Thank you, sweetheart." He holds out his hand and I place mine in it and get out of the car. He closes the door behind me and walks me toward the front door.

Once we are close to my front door, he says, "Well, have a goodnight."

"Yeah, I will", I answer and he smiles at that. He leans in and presses a soft kiss on my lips which I reciprocate, standing on the tips of my toes. He smiles when I kiss back and then pulls away with the smile still on his face. I smile as well and he says, "I'm going to go now."

"Okay", I say and he looks at me, not making a point to move. He extends his hand out and touches the hem of my dress. "You looked so pretty tonight, flower", he compliments and I can't help but move closer to him.

"Thank you for tonight, Jameson", I say to him. He smiles at that and says,"I'd love to come inside but your dad...and it's late."

"You're right", I say to him and then move closer to him. What were we doing? This wasn't a good way for us to be departing? He sighs and then places the both of hands on my face and presses his lips to mine. Hard. Wow, Jameson had been holding back the whole day. He was being a gentleman but right now? Jameson was anything but that.

I feel my back hit the front door as the kiss progresses. Jameson places a hand on the back of my leg and moves me even closer to him. This moment is everything. I make a soft noise at the back of my throat and Jameson uses that as encouragement as he only deepens the kiss, his tongue in my mouth now. We move against each other like we are both starving.