Chapter 8 | "Ivory honey, let him go"

When we had practice today, the girls were whispering to each other about something regarding Blake. Only, I didn't know what that could be or of it was about me. Blake had been treating me so well since last weekend.

"Want to go out on a date?", I hear a voice asking me as soon as I cross the field to get to the lockeroom. Practice had only ended a few minutes ago and yet he had found me. A hand comes around my waist and in a second, I'm inside the room. I meet the eyes of the prettiest blue ones and they twinkle as he continues to look at me. I feel my stomach pool at the bottom from the love in his eyes. I knew he was in love with me, but right now I could see it. He pushes my body until I am against the wall and his other hand comes up to my face.

He rubs a finger under my jaw and says,"What do you think, babe?"

"I think", I say but answering is hard as he starts to trail kisses along my jaw. I place my hand on his shoulder and push him down, and he looks up at me now. "Wait, no", I say when he seductively smiles at me. He laughs, his breath on my face and I smile, watching him bring his face back up to mine. "Yes", I answer him. "Yes, let's go out on a date even though it's a random Wednesday."

"Great, I'll come over to your house and let you get ready and the both of us will go", he says with a small smile. I nod and bring my lips to his. Our kiss is instantly broken up when the door opens up again, revealing my best friend. I'm not sure why I call her that anymore, she wasn't even my friend anymore. We probably only said three words to each other nowadays. I wasn't sure what it was about.

Stella's jaw slacks just a little when she notices Blake before me and I try not to smile at that. I had did it, I got the guy back from her. My guy, but still. I had him back. I place my hand on his chest and push him away until he leans on the wall beside me. He looks at Stella and his eyes widen a little.

"You were at my-"

"Shut up", the guy next to me says to her and for a split second I feel bad for her. But then Blake places his hand on my waist and I no longer feel for her anymore. I place my hand in Blake's and move toward the door. Stella moves away and lets me go by. Once Blake is by her, she stands on her tiptoe and whispers something in his ear. He whispers the same phrase back to her from before and Stella this time giggles.

"Something wrong?", I ask my boyfriend and he shakes his head. I nod and tug the both of us out of the lockeroom and toward his car. Blake's hand stays on mine as we make it to his car. Once we make it to my house, his hand finds mine again and it takes a little bit of effort to open my door but soon we are inside my house. My father is not home yet, so we both head upstairs.

"I have to get ready", I tell him as he starts to tug at the clothes I was wearing. "I'm helping you", he murmurs into my ear and I let him do it. I wasn't going to complain about it anyway.

Afterwards, I emerge out of the bathroom with my hair wet and find Blake on my bed. He is laying on his side, watching probably a game on his phone. I make my way to him and lean down to kiss him on the cheek. He wipes away at the kiss and I try not to frown at that. "Your hair is wetting my face", he complains and I nod, moving away from him.

After I blow dry my hair, I turn around to find him on my bed, this time texting someone. I leave him there and walk into my closet to pull out a little black dress. That was a safe option for any type of date we would be going on. I make a show of changing in front of him, but he doesn't once look up from his phone. Well, that was kind of awkward. I shake it off though and head back to my vanity.

I pull out my makeup I'm planning on wearing today when there is a knock on my bedroom door. I look at Blake on the bed and cringe when he makes no effort to get off. I head over to my door and open it up just a tiny bit so I can slip outside and close it behind me. "Dad", I say to the man in front of me, my hand behind my back, holding the doornob.